Eaton is a power management company providing energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power.
A global technology leader, Eaton acquired Cooper Industries plc in November 2012. The 2013 revenue of the combined companies was $22 billion on a pro forma basis. Eaton has approximately 100,000+ employees worldwide and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries.
Designation: Associate Test Engineer
Experience: 1 – 2 Years
Salary: Best In Industry
Job Location: Pune
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical/ Aerospace/ Instrumentation Engineering with 1-2 years of experience in patent analysis
- Knowledge in using open and specialized patent databases
- Experience in market research is a plus
List the essential functions (i.e. key responsibilities with expected end results), which must be accomplished in order to fulfill the purpose of your position as described above.
- Conduct various prior art searches (Landscapes, patentability, Freedom-to-Operate, patent validity/invalidity assessment) using open and specialized patent and literature databases
- Ability to read huge volume of patents and literatures, and communicate complex technologies/ concepts in an easy-to-understand format to business and stakeholder to drive decisions.
- Responsible for conducting patent landscape analysis and identifying the trend of the competitors and/or emerging technologies
- Technically sound to quickly understand technologies related to the mechanical domain, especially technologies related to automobile, aerospace and hydraulics
- Interface with cross-functional teams across Eaton’s business units to gather technical information related to an invention disclosur