PUBG Mobile Vikendi snow map update is one of the most anticipated updates in the history of PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds as smartphone users are eagerly waiting to play this online multiplayer battle royale game with the new PUBG Vikendi snow map. For the unknown, the new Vikendi snow map was recently made available on PC Test Servers while PUBG Mobile will become the first platform to get this new snow map.
PUBG Mobile gets Vikendi Map: Release date and matchmaking
According to a Tweet by PUBG Mobile, the Vikendi snow map, which is a 6km x 6km map, will be available for download at 0:00 UTC (5:30 am IST) on 20th of December 2018, while matchmaking will begin 24 hours later. It should also be noted that PUBG Mobile was taken offline on December 17 for maintenance.
PUBG Mobile gets Vikendi Map: Snowball fight, snowmobile, new G36C Assault Rifle and more
- Vikendi exclusive additions such as G36C Assault Rifle (instead of SCAR on Vikendi) and the Snowmobile to navigate its icy terrain.
- New Parachute system to glide or dive during freefall, improved animations and cut your chute before hitting the ground.
- Firearms Finish Upgrade System will help PUBG Mobile players to use materials at the Lab in order to upgrade weapon finishes for kill effects, unique kill broadcasts as well as death crate appearances.
- Players will be able to throw snowballs while waiting in the starting area to board the plane.
- Vehicles will be more slippery in snow and icy areas. Acceleration on icy terrain will be slow while you will lose vehicle control as you speed up.
- Footprints and vehicle tracks will be visible in PUBG Vikendi Snow Map as players travel in snowy areas which will help in identifying whether enemies have passed by recently.
- These footprints and tracks won’t stay around forever.
- Players who exit matches repeatedly right after starting will now be banned from matchmaking for a period of time.
- PUBG Mobile players can report suspicious behavior while spectating after dying.
- Added cross-server matchmaking. After enabling, players have a chance to be matched to players of the same tier on other servers.
- The center of the red zone will spawn outside of the play zone and the smaller the play zone, the smaller will be the red zone.
- The first circle of every game will be smaller than other maps, however, subsequent circle sizes change will be less drastic on the PUBG Vikendi Snow Map. This will result in more blue zone variety as well as unique experiences.
- The official Survivor Pass on Vikendi microsite will be available starting from December 19, 2018, while it will launch on live servers. The duration of the pass will be 10 weeks.
- The Snowmobile will be available in the PUBG Vikendi snow map and it will feature two seats while its performance will be much better than other vehicles on snow or icy surface.
- Season spending rewards: Players can spend different amounts in order to get excellent rewards as well as steep discounts on firearm finishes.
While all these additions for PUBG Mobile will come with version 0.10.0 update, a display for Crew Challenge winners on Erangel’s Spawn Island will also be added. On the other hand, while PUBG Season 1 winning teams will appear on the Spawn Island of their respective server as well as modes, Season 2 registration has begun from 0:00 UTC (5:30 am IST) on December 18, 2018.