A Rudraksha which the malas are made of, is a seed of the Elaeocarpus ganitrus tree, which grows at high altitudes in the highlands, mostly in the Himalayas. Today these trees are found mostly in Nepal, Burma, Thailand, and Indonesia. In India, the Elaeocarpus ganitrus tree can be found in some parts of the Western Ghats in South India as well apart from the Himalayan region. The vibration of these seeds is rather distinct. This extremely spiritual bead comes with a plethora of advantages.
The rudraksha beads come in various shapes and sizes, such as panchmukhi and Ek Mukhi. These beads are then threaded together to a string of beads or a rudraksha mala. A rudraksha mala is something you would see a Hindu ascetic carry. These malas have many benefits for human lives, but they also come with certain guidelines. If you fail to follow these guidelines, these malas can negatively affect your life as well. So, let’s look at eight benefits of wearing a rudraksha mala.
Benefits of Wearing Rudraksha
- Rudraksha acts as a protective barrier against bad energy.
- If you’re usually on the go, the Rudraksha mala is perfect for you. Because it creates a protective shield all around you and gives you stability and support.
- A rudraksha will spin clockwise if it is held above clean, drinking water. If the water is not clean, the rudraksha will turn anti-clockwise.
- The rudraksha is also used for ensuring the quality of your food. It will spin in a clockwise way if you hold it over any positive pranic substance. It will rotate anti-clockwise if you hold it over a negative pranic material.
- Rudraksha mala is also quite efficient in treating skin-related issues, including itching, skin irritation, and wounds.
- A combination of Rudraksha bead powder, Tulsi, and honey is highly beneficial in curing colds and coughs. To treat any joint-related issues, mix the powder of this extremely blissful bead with mustard oil.
- Rudraksha beads might help youngsters improve their focus and concentration.
- The Rudraksha mala is said to bring purity to one’s life.
- When performing meditation or reciting a prayer, the Rudraksha mala is frequently used.
Ek Mukhi Rudraksha Benefits
Many people desire to wear an Ek Mukhi, which has only one face and is extremely strong. Ek Mukhi Rudraksha mala is extraordinarily powerful and gives the wearer a sense of solitude.
However, the solitude does come at a price. The rudraksha mala shifts your energy in such a way that you will crave to be alone, making it hard to be around other people. If you need to wear any type of specific beads, it’s advisable to wear them under the guidance of a specialist rather than just buying and putting them on yourself.
Panchmukhi Rudraksha Benefits
Panchmukhi, which means five-faced beads, are safe and beneficial for everyone, man, woman, and kid. Panchmukhi Rudraksha ensures universal health, safety, and liberty. It reduces blood pressure, relaxes nerves, and gives your nervous system a sense of peace and alertness.
The Guidelines for Wearing a Rudraksha Mala
The number of beads is usually 108 plus one. Bindu is the additional bead. The mala must always have a Bindu; else, the energy would become cyclical, making sensitive persons dizzy. An adult should wear a Rudraksha mala with more than 84 beads, plus the Bindu.
It’s advisable to use silk or cotton thread while stringing them. If you’re going to wear it with a thread, make sure you change it every six months. If you’re going to use copper, silver, or gold, it is crucial that you make sure it’s loose. It should not be overtightened because if the interior of the Rudraksha cracks under strain, it will be useless.
It is okay to wear the mala all of the time, even while taking a shower. It is very good for the water to run over it and over your body if you take cold water baths without using a chemical soap. If you use chemical soaps and warm water, you should avoid wearing the Rudraksha mala at those times since it tends to crack under these conditions.
The Bottom Line
Rudraksha beads have been used since ancient times. Rudraksha is used to treat various ailments, and it also has a calming impact on the mind and body. Rudraksha reinforces our mental fortitude in the face of overwhelming odds. It generates a good energy flow and has a renewing and relaxing effect on your mind and body. If you want to get the benefits of the rudraksha mala as discussed in this article, please get in touch with an expert first to learn the specific details of the mala you would need to wear for the best results.