The opening of many Employees Provident Fund (EPF) accounts for many employers would be a surge of change in employment prospects and multiple job shifts. Getting and managing multiple provident fund account is a difficult thing when the account is prone to be dormant if there are no contributions made to it for 3 years. The Employee Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) has figured out a remedy for this problem by combining several provident fund accounts for each EPF holder. The launch of the Universal Account Number (UAN) by the Ministry of Employment and Labour under the Government of India has accelerated the procedure on the EPFO website by merging all the existing EPF accounts. The UAN is a specific 12-digit account number for a lifetime that is given to each holder of the EPFO. Employees can handle their provident fund account using the UAN. An employee can get the UAN number in his / her salary slip.
- Visit EPFO portal and login to your account using the login credentials (username/password)
- Now go to the Online Services Section and click on the ‘One Member – One EPF Account (Transfer Request)’ option
- Now verify your present employment details, personal information, PF account and proceed further
- To approve the claim form, you can either pick your ‘Previous Employer’ or ‘Present Employer’ (based on the existence of approved signature holding). Opt ‘Present Employer’ and enter your ‘Old PF Account Number’
- Now click on ‘Get Details’ and you will see all the specifics relevant to your old PF account. Verify and confirm the same
- Now proceed further to the ‘Step 2 Column’ and click on the ‘Get OTP’ option to generate an OTP on your registered mobile number
- Now enter the OTP on the required field sent to your registered mobile number and click on the ‘Submit’ option
- Following this, the PF (Provident Fund) account merger application will be successfully completed. Your transfer claim status will display on your device screen and the same for future references can be downloaded in ‘Form 13’. This form will contain summaries of all current and former employment with your PF number.
Points to keep in mind
- It is recommended PF members to update their KYC details on the EPFO portal in order to fetch advantages of PF. It is essential to link your UAN with bank accounts, Aadhaar and PAN for the same.
- After 3 days of your UAN activation, the account merging facility will be available on the EPFO portal