Keeping in view the convenience of the customers, State Bank of India (SBI) has made many changes. The rules for withdrawing money from ATMs have also changed. This information is very important for you. Otherwise you may have to bear the brunt of it. If you have an account with SBI Bank, then this information is important for you.
SBI has taken a new initiative to make ATM transactions more secure. Now you will be required to enter OTP to withdraw cash from SBI ATM. In this new rule, customers will not be able to withdraw cash without OTP. In such a situation, if you are not aware of this, then know it well. Otherwise your money may get stuck. This information has been given by a tweet from SBI Bank.
Know what is the rule
Now you have to take the help of an OTP to withdraw more than ten thousand rupees from ATM. This OTP will be sent to your mobile. After that you have to use it. SBI will allow customers to withdraw Rs 10,000 and above from their ATMs every time with an OTP sent from their bank account to their registered mobile number and their debit card PIN.
know what is the process
- You will need an OTP to withdraw cash from SBI ATM.
- For this, an OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- This OTP will be of four digits which the customer will get for a single transaction.
- Once you have entered the amount you want to withdraw, you will be asked to enter the OTP on the ATM screen.
- You have to enter the OTP received on the mobile number registered with the bank in this screen for cash withdrawal.
The bank told why it was needed
The bank has taken this step to protect the customers from fraud. The bank is continuously receiving complaints related to fraud. SBI has the largest network of 22,224 branches and 63,906 ATMs with 71,705 BC outlets in India.