The State Bank of India (SBI) has given the facility of easy transfer of savings account through its website and app to customers in the current situation. There is no need to go to the bank branch for this. Let’s know its entire process ..
New Delhi. The country’s largest lender, State Bank of India (SBI), has eliminated the need to go to the branch for another important work amid increasing cases of corona virus every day. Actually, SBI has given the facility to customers to transfer their savings account (online transfer) from one branch to another branch. If you understand in easy words, now you will not need to go to any branch of the bank to get your savings account transferred. You can transfer the account to any branch sitting at home through YONO SBI, YONO Lite and the website of the bank. To transfer a savings account to another branch, do this …
- Login on the official website of SBI www.onlinesbi.com. Choose the option of personal banking with your username and password.
- Go to e-services on the top menu bar and click on Transfer of savings account. Then choose the account you want to transfer.
- If you have only one bank account and it is in your customer information file (CIF) then it will be automatically selected.
- Now you have to enter the code of the branch in which you want to transfer the account. Read the terms and conditions and click on submit.
- Verify all the details of transfer of your account with existing branch code and new branch code. After this click on confirm.
- After you confirm, an OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number. Confirm by entering OTP.
- Now a message will appear in which your request for branch transfer has been registered successfully.
Customers have to keep in mind that online processing can be done only if your mobile number is registered with the bank. Apart from the website, the account can also be transferred using the YONO SBI, YONO Lite app.