Change Phone Number on Whatsapp: Day by day Whatsapp (Whatsapp) keeps offering some features to its users. But, the feature that we are going to talk about today is not a new feature, but it is a feature that due to lack of knowledge, most of the users face problems.
Change Phone Number on Whatsapp: Day by day Whatsapp (Whatsapp) keeps offering some features to its users. But, the feature that we are going to talk about today is not a new feature, but it is a feature that due to lack of knowledge, most of the users face problems. The name of this feature is the Change Number feature. With its help, you can easily change your WhatsApp number without losing chats.
Another special feature of this feature is that it also allows users to automatically give information about number changes to their contacts. So let’s know how you can easily change your WhatsApp number without losing chats.
Do this important work first
Before starting the process of changing the WhatsApp number, install the SIM card with the new number in the phone and confirm that the phone and sms are being received on the new number. Make sure that your old phone number is still registered on WhatsApp. You can see your registered number on WhatsApp by tapping on the profile in the WhatsApp settings menu.
Now follow these steps
- Before starting this number, open WhatsApp in your phone, if you are an iPhone user then go to Settings.
- If you are an Android user, click on the 3 dots above in the app.
- Now tap on the account option and go to the change number option.
- A screen will appear where you have to confirm that you can receive phone and SMS on the new number.
After configuring it, tap on the Next button.
- Now enter your old and new number, then tap on Next and come to the final step to change the WhatsApp number. WhatsApp will ask you if you want to inform your contacts about changing your number.
- Here you will find the option of Contacts, All Contacts, I have Chat with or Custome Numbers. Explain that the information about changing your number will be reached in WhatsApp groups automactically.
Also Read: Fixed Deposit Interest Rates Update: RBI will increase cash reserve ratio to four percent (4 %)
Now tap on Done.
- In the last, WhatsApp will ask you to register a new phone number.
- To register the number, you will get a 6 digit code or a phone call via SMS.
- After registering, you can start chatting with your new number as before.
How to Chat Backup on Whatsapp on WhatsApp
Please also tell you that if you are changing your phone along with the number. So you have to backup the chats with Google Drive or iCloud.