The Aadhaar card serves as both residential proof and identification proof. After the completion of the enrolment process, individuals can download the E-Aadhaar card from the official website of UIDAI and print it for further use. Your e-Aadhaar is a password-protected electronic copy of your Aadhaar and is digitally signed by an authority of the UIDAI.
Why should you download your e-Aadhaar Card
It is not uncommon to find errors in Aadhaar cards. This might be due to a clerical error on the part of the operator or you erroneously providing incorrect information. In this scenario, you must get your Aadhaar information updated as soon as possible. Usually, after you apply for changes in your Aadhaar card, it takes a few weeks for the changes to be incorporated, and your updated Aadhaar gets dispatched through post.
Now, you can also download the e Aadhaar card through the UIDAI website with the updated details. This way, you need not wait until your Aadhaar card to arrive by post. Also, having e Aadhaar card keeps your Aadhaar information handy and eliminates the chances of you ever losing or forgetting your Aadhaar number. As it is a digital version of your normal Aadhaar, it is acceptable all over the country, without any exceptions.
Here’s how to download your Aadhaar by following these steps:
1. Login to the UIDAI direct link eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/.
2. Click on the link “Download Aadhar.”
3. Enter your 12 digit Aadhaar number.
4. If you want a masked Aadhar card, then tick the box to the left of the option ‘I want a masked Aadhar’.
5. Enter the security code or captcha.
6. Click on ‘Send OTP’.
7. OTP will be sent to your Aadhaar-registered mobile number.
8. Enter OTP.
9. After submitting the OTP, your Aadhar card details and the option to download Aadhar will appear on your computer monitor or cell phone screen.
10. Click on the download option and save it for future reference.