EPFO e-service Portal: Most of the work related to Provident Fund is now being done online. Whether advance money of PF or full and final settlement is to be done or death claim on the death of the employee, all the facilities will be available sitting at home.
EPFO e-service Portal: Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) is continuously easing its rules. For the first several days, the claims were settled after visiting the EPFO office. One had to wait for hours for the files to proceed and for the final approval for the claim. But, gradually everything went online. However, there are still many such works, which have to be completed by going to the office. Nevertheless, in the Digital India program, Provident Fund account holders are getting many facilities.
Nomination is required
EPFO has started the e-nomination process to facilitate the account holders sitting at home. Through this service, a member can nominate his family member on the online portal. At the same time, on the death of the nominee, the employee can take advantage of the Provident Fund, Pension (EPS-Pension) and EDLI Insurance Scheme by filling the e-nomination sitting at home. According to EPFO Provident Fund Commissioner-2 Sushant Kandwal, every member of Employees’ Provident Fund Scheme (EPF) and Employees’ Pension Scheme (EPS) is required to fill a nomination.
Benefits of PF, EPS, Insurance
Nomination has been made much easier than before. In the nomination, family members such as parents, spouse, siblings or any other eligible member of the family are included. Having the name and details of the nominee makes it easy to take provident fund money (PF), pension money (EPS fund) or EDLI insurance money in case of death of the employee. Let us tell you, there is a maximum limit of up to Rs 7 lakh in insurance available from EPFO.
Pension and death claim will be settled only after e-nomination
According to Kandpal, for the first nomination, the employee had to fill Form-2 in hard copy and submit it to the EPFO office. But, under the Digital India program, now the account holder member can file the e-nomination of the family member sitting at home on the e-Seva portal. E-nomination is a must for pension and death claim settlement. A circular has also been issued in this regard by EPFO. So far, out of 8.50 lakh provident fund accounts, only 28 thousand account holders have done e-nomination.
What are the benefits of e-nomination?
- The hassle of going to the EPFO office is over.
- Eliminates the need for more documentation.
- More than one family member can be nominated. They will get equal amount.
- Nominee can be changed at any time. Can add new member.
- After the death of the employee, the nominee can claim online through e-nomination.
How to file e-Nomination
- Go to the member e-seva portal www.unifiedportal-mem-epfindia.gov.in.
- Log in using UAN and Password.
- Upload passport size photo in the option of View Profile.
- Go to Manage section and click on e-Nomination.
- Enter Nominee Name, Aadhar Number, Photo, Date of Birth, Bank Account Number.
- On the next page, click on E-Sign and generate OTP through Aadhaar.
- Enter the OTP received on the mobile linked with Aadhaar.
- Your e-nomination will be filed.