Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) has given an option to its members. Under this, anyone can generate their universal account number (UAN).
Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) has given an option to its members. Under this, anyone can generate their universal account number (UAN). This requires a link to the aadhaar of the mobile number. Without this, UAN cannot be created. If you are employed, UAN is essential for pf removal, PF transfer and other activities. Once you get a new job, you can now provide these numbers to the company itself and your PF account will be transferred to that company.
Generate Your UAN
EPFO has developed a mechanism. It can generate its own Universal Account Number (UAN). This will only require Aadhaar number. Aadhaar based OTP (OTP) is required to generate UAN. This should be linked to mobile base. At the time of verification, the system will automatically collect information such as your name, date of berth. You’ll see all the information on the screen.
How to Generate Universal Account Number (UAN)
You’ll need to complete 6 steps to generate UAN. You will have UAN after you complete the process.
1. First you go to https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/ link
2. Click on ‘Online Aadhaar Verified UAN Apartment’ or Direct UAN Apartment here.
3. You will now be asked for Aadhaar number. Click Generated OTP when you enter the Aadhaar number. OTP will be sent to registered mobile number.
4. Click to accept the disclaimer after entering otp. Verify the details and fill in the requested information in the mandatefield.
5. Fill the captcha code and click on the ‘Register’ button after clicking on the checkbox on the disclaimer.
6. After clicking on the Register button, you will be allotted UAN. The UAN number will appear on your screen.
What is uan’s advantage
The EPF account requires UAN. UAN allows online PF transfer, balance check and withdrawal. All your old and new accounts appear in this UAN. You can transfer the same withdrawal online. EPFO will also complete your request online.
Check without (UAN) balance
Use missed call alerts to know PF balance. Give missed call on 011-22901406 from mobile number registered with EPFO. Immediately after the mixed call, a message will come from AM-EPFOHO. This message will let you know the account balance. The message also contains information such as member ID, PF number, name, date of birth, EPF balance, final contribution. However, if the company is a private trust, the balance will not be known. The company must be contacted for this.