If you have lost or misplaced your Aadhaar Card then you don’t need to worry as now it can be easily downloaded online. The Unique Identification Authority of India or UIDAI allows you access to your Aadhaar card anywhere & everywhere. You can easily download your Aadhaar card and use it as an identity proof wherever you want.
The downloaded Aadhaar will have your name, address, gender, photo & date of birth details in the same way as in printed Aadhaar card. The downloaded Aadhaar will also contain date of Aadhaar generation & date of Aadhar download.
It must be noted that the UIDAI in April 2017 said that ‘Downloaded Aadhaar’ or ‘e-Aadhaar’ is a valid & a secure electronic document that should be treated at par with the printed Aadhaar. Besides this you can also update Aadhaar card online.
Aadhaar Card Download
Method to download Aadhaar card
Step 1 – Visit the UIDAI website – https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/
Step 2 – There you will find the following options to download electronic copy of Aadhaar card;
Using Aadhaar number
Using Enrolment ID (EID)
Method to download e-Aadhaar using Aadhaar number
- Enter 12-digit Aadhaar number
- You can select to get a masked Aadhaar. Mask Aadhaar option basically allows you to mask the Aadhaar number in your downloaded Aadhaar. This will make your Aadhaar number partially hidden
- Then enter Captcha code for verification
- Tap ‘Send OTP’ to get one-time password on the registered mobile number
- Enter OTP received on your mobile
- Finish a small survey by the UIDAI
- Click on ‘Verify & Download’
- Your e-Aadhaar would be password protected. The password will be combination of first 4 letters of your name in capital & year of birth in YYYY format.
Method to download e-Aadhaar using Enrolment ID (EID)
- Enter 14-digit Enrolment ID as printed on enrolment slip
- Then enter 14-digit Date-Time stamp printed on Enrolment slip
- You can select to get a masked Aadhaar. Then Mask Aadhaar option will allow you to mask your Aadhaar number in your downloaded Aadhaar. This will make your Aadhaar number partially hidden
- Write Captcha code for verification
- Tap on ‘Send OTP’ to get one-time password on the registered mobile number
- Mention the OTP received
- Finally click on ‘Download Aadhaar’