Along with the new ITR e-filing portal, the mobile app facility also launched on June 7, 2021
The process of filing the Income Tax return has become more convenient now. The return filing process can be done from one’s mobile phone.
The income tax department of India earlier informed about this new development on its Twitter handle, saying income tax e-filing portal 2.0 will have an all-new mobile app also.
Along with the new ITR e-filing portal, the mobile app facility also launched on June 7, 2021.
— Income Tax India (@IncomeTaxIndia) June 3, 2021
With phones widely used, the department has claimed that the new IT return e-filing portal and the new mobile app will be easy to use for taxpayers. It will help taxpayers to gather information like ITR form, pre-filled income tax details, Saral income tax facility, refund claim and other facilities.
The mobile app has various other features like Locate a Tax Return Preparer near you, Tools for calculating your taxes, ASK IT – A ChatBot, Tax Gyaan – A Game; and a lot more
How to Install
* Give a miss call on +91 – 7306 52 52 52
* The Department will SMS the installation link
Install it from the Portal
* Visit the new income tax e-filing portal 2.0 https://www.incometaxindia.gov.in
* Click on Tax Payer Services
* Click on Aaykar Setu mobile app
* After that a new window will be opened Aaykar Setu- Mobile Application for Tax Payer Services Module
* Scan the QR code to download the mobile application
Similarly, all important features of the income tax portal available on the desktop will also be made available on the income tax mobile app. With this, the income tax mobile app will be enabled subsequently for full anytime access on a mobile network.