Those who are traveling by train in the month of December, here is some big news for you. Indian Railways has decided to cancel some trains from 1st December 2021 to February 2022. Western Railway has decided to cancel a total of 12 trains during the winter season i.e. from 1st December, 2021 to 28th February, 2022. However, these will resume from March 1, 2022.
Notably, Indian Railways has more than 600 special trains that were run during the festive season to avoid congestion due to corona virus. Many trains were run only for Diwali and Chhath Puja. Several special trains were also running between Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh and Gujarat.
List of trains canceled in winter season are as follows
- Train No. 09017, Bandra Terminus – Haridwar Weekly Special will remain canceled from 1st December, 2021 to 23rd February, 2022.
- Train No. 09018, Haridwar – Bandra Terminus – Weekly Special will remain canceled on every Thursday from 2nd December, 2021 to 24th February, 2022.
- Train No. 09403, Ahmedabad-Sultanpur weekly special train will remain canceled on every Tuesday from 7th December, 2021 to 22nd February, 2022.
- Train No. 09404, Sultanpur-Ahmedabad Weekly Special will remain canceled on every Wednesday from 8 December 2021 to 23 February 2022.
- Train number 09407, Ahmedabad-Varanasi weekly special train will remain canceled on every Thursday from 2 December 2021 to 24 February 2022.
- Train No. 09408, Varanasi-Ahmedabad weekly special train running on every Saturday will remain canceled from 4 December 2021 to 26 February 2022.
- Train No. 09111, Valsad-Haridwar Weekly Special will remain canceled on every Tuesday from 7th December, 2021 to 23rd February, 2022.
- Train number 09112, Haridwar-Valsad weekly special will remain canceled on every Wednesday from 8 December 2021 to 23 February 2022.
- Train No. 04309, Ujjain-Dehradun bi-weekly special will remain canceled on every Wednesday and Thursday from 2 December 2021 to 24 February 2022.
- Train No. 04310, Dehradun-Ujjain bi-weekly special will remain canceled on Tuesday and Wednesday from 1st December, 2021 to 23rd February, 2022.
Earlier, special trains are being operated by Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) this December during Christmas and New Year. IRCTC has announced several such special trains in collaboration with Central Railway.
Tickets can be booked at each of the Passenger Reservation System (PRS) counters and IRCTC website. You can book your tickets for these special trains in advance as the booking has started from 20th November.
Details of these special trains:
Train No. 01596 is Goa Junction – Panvel Special which will leave Goa Junction every Sunday at 4 PM. The special train will be operational from November 21, 2021 to January 2, 2022 and will reach Panvel station at 3:15 am the next day.
On the other hand, Panvel-Madgaon Junction Special train (Train No. 01595) will depart every Monday at 6:05 AM from 22 November, 2021 to 3 January, 2022. It will reach Goa Junction at 6:45 PM.
These special trains will be at Karmali, Thivim, Sawantwadi Road, Kudal, Sindhudurg, Kankavali, Vaibhavwadi Road, Rajapur Road, Adavali, Ratnagiri, Sangameshwar Road, Savarda, Chiplun, Khed, Mangaon and Roha railway stations.