More than two crore income tax returns have been filed so far for the financial year 2020-21 and the problems related to the new IT portal have been resolved to a large extent.
In the financial year 2021-22 till November 8, income tax refund of more than Rs 1 lakh 15 thousand crore has been issued to more than 98 lakh taxpayers. The Income Tax Department has said in its tweet that, between April 1, 2021 and November 2021, the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has issued refunds of Rs 1 lakh 15 thousand 917 crore to more than 98.90 lakh taxpayers. In which there are 97.12 lakh personal taxpayers. To whom 36 thousand crore rupees have been refunded. At the same time, refund of Rs 79 thousand 917 crore has been issued to corporate taxpayers in 1 lakh 77 thousand cases.
New e-portal to expedite refunds
Government has launched a new e-portal to expedite the processing of ITR returns and refunds. According to the tax department, more than two crore income tax returns have been filed for the financial year 2020-21 so far (as per the report in October) and the problems related to the new IT portal have been resolved to a great extent. CBDT appealed to taxpayers to file their Income Tax Returns for the Financial Year 2020-21 (April 2020-March 2021) at the earliest, saying that all ITRs have been made available for e-filing.
How to Check Refund
Refund money is sent by the Income Tax Department. You have to visit the e-portal to check whether the refund money has arrived in your account. Where after entering the password, your account will be opened. From here you can check the refund status.
How to check on e-portal
- For this you need to go to http://www.incometax.gov.in and log in to your account by entering PAN User ID, and your password.
- After this you will have the option of e-file in front of you. on which you have to click.
- After which select Income Tax Return and then select View Filed Returns.
- On the View Filed Returns page you can see all your filed returns.
- From here you can also download ITR-V Acknowledgment.
- Simultaneously uploading JSON (from offline mode), completing ITR form in PDF and order information can be found.
How to View on nsdl.com
- For this you have to go to https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/oltas/refund-status-pan.html.
- Where click on Click Here which takes you to NSDL website to check refund status.
- The screen below appears where you can feed in the details of your PAN, Age, and the image that appears on the screen.
- Then click on “Submit”.