New LPG connection: Under the Ujjwala scheme, there may be a change in the subsidy available on free LPG gas connection.
New LPG connection: There is important news for the customers getting subsidy on LPG. Under the Ujjwala scheme, there is a possibility of a big change in the subsidy available on free LPG gas connection. Therefore, if you are also planning to take free LPG connection under Ujjwala scheme, then first read this news carefully.
Will the subsidy structure change on LPG connections?
According to the report, there may be a change in the existing structure of subsidy for new connections under the scheme. It is being told that the Petroleum Ministry has started work on two new structures and it will be released soon. Let us tell you that Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman had announced to give one crore new connections in the budget, but now the government can change the advance payment model on behalf of OMCs.
Will the mode of advance payment change?
It is being told that the advance payment company will charge a lump sum of Rs 1600. Currently, OMCs charge the advance amount in the form of EMI, while according to experts who are aware of this matter, the government will continue to give subsidy of the remaining 1600 in the scheme.
Government gives free LPG cylinders
Under the government’s Ujjwala scheme, a cylinder and stove of 14.2 kg are given to the customers. It costs around Rs 3200 and gets a subsidy of Rs 1600 from the government while Oil Marketing Companies (OMCs) give Rs 1600 as advance. However, OMCs charge the subsidy amount as EMI on refills.
How to register in Ujjwala scheme
- Registering for the Ujjwala scheme is very easy.
- Under the Ujjwala scheme, a woman from a BPL family can apply for a gas connection.
- You will get complete information about this scheme by visiting the official website pmujjwalayojana.com.
- To register, you have to first fill a form and give it to the nearest LPG distributor.
- In this form, the woman who has applied will also have to give her full address, Jan Dhan bank account and Aadhaar number of all family members.
- After processing it later, the oil marketing companies of the country issue LPG connection to the eligible beneficiary.
- If a consumer opts for EMI, then the EMI amount is adjusted in the subsidy received on the cylinder.