Electricity consumers around the country are going to get new ‘power’. For the first time, the government has prepared new rules for the rights of electricity consumers. The government says that it is the power sector only because of electricity consumers.
New Delhi: Electricity consumers across the country are going to get new ‘power’. For the first time, the government has prepared new rules for the rights of electricity consumers. The government says that it is the power sector only because of electricity consumers. After providing electricity to the citizens of the country, it is now very important to focus on their satisfaction.
It is therefore important that the quality of services be improved. Therefore, the draft Electricity (Rights of Consumers) Rules, 2020 has been prepared by the government. In this draft, many types of facilities have been given to consumers.
Transparency on power cuts
According to the new draft, the power distribution companies will have to decide the average power cut per power consumer every year and for how long.
Easy to get power connection
1. Only two documents will be required for up to 10 kW load, no demand charge will be demanded for up to 150 kW load. So that more people can get connections
2. New electricity connection will be available in 7 days in metro cities, while in other municipalities, 15 days in rural areas and 30 days in rural areas.
Electricity consumers will get new ‘power’
1. If a customer arrives at a delay of 60 days, then the customer will get a discount of 2-5% in the bill.
2. You will be able to pay electricity bill with cash, check, debit card or net banking, but bill payment of Rs 1000 or above will be done online only.
3. Rules for cutting, retracting, changing meter, billing and payment will be made easier
4. Provision of penalty / compensation on power distribution companies for delay in services. Compensation will be directly linked to the bill
5. There will be a 24×7 toll free center for consumers. Mobile app will be launched to get a new connection, cut the connection, shift the connection. Any change in services like changing name, changing load, changing meter can also be done through this app.
The government has asked for comments and suggestions on the draft till 30 September. The Ministry of Power will finalize the rules after suggestions.