EPFO: A unique number is issued to pensioners, with the help of which they get pension after retirement. This number is called Pension Payment Order (PPO). This number is issued by the Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) to the person retiring from any company.
New Delhi. A unique number is issued to the pensioners coming under the Employee Pension Scheme, with the help of which they get pension after retirement. This number is called Pension Payment Order (PPO). This number is issued by the Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) to the person retiring from any company. After retirement, the EPFO issues a letter to the employee, which contains the details of the PPO. In such a situation, if a person loses his PPO number, he can easily get it with the help of his bank account. Let us know what is its process.
According to the EPFO, if a person loses his PPO number, then he can easily get it again with the help of his bank account number or PF number. Let us know what is its process…
Firstly the official website of Employees’ Provident Fund Organization
- Go to https://www.epfindia.gov.in/site_en/index.php.
- Now click on the option of ‘Pensioners Portal’ in the ‘Online Services’ section given on the left side.
- After clicking, a new page will open. On this page you are given ‘Know Your PPO No. You have to click on the option.
- Here you have to enter your bank account number, which is linked to your pension fund. Or >> then you can search by entering your PF number which is also called member ID.
- After successful submission of details, the PPF number will start showing on the screen.
You can also get PPO number like this
Apart from this, you can also get your PPO number by opening https://mis.epfindia.gov.in/PensionPaymentEnquiry/ in a new tab. EPFO has a separate website to get information related to PPO number. Here you can get information about life certificate, PPO number, payment related information and your pension status.
Know why PPO number is important
As a pensioner, you should ensure that the Pension Payment Order Number is entered in your passbook. Many times it happens that the bank employees do not enter the PPO number in the passbook of the pensioner. When the pension account is transferred from one branch to another, when the PPO number is not there in the passbook, then it can cause problems. Due to this, the release of pension may also get delayed.
Apart from this, if you file any complaint related to your pension in EPFO, then it is mandatory to give you PPO number here too. PPO number is also required to know pension status online.