Under PM Kisan Yojana, the government is going to take action against ineligible farmers who are taking advantage of the scheme by giving false information.
New Delhi: The government is providing financial assistance of Rs 6,000 annually to the farmers of the country under PM Kisan Yojana. Till now a large number of farmers have been linked to this scheme. Under this scheme, farmers are provided with an installment of 2,000 at an interval of every four months.
Action will be taken on ineligible farmers
Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar of the Government of India has informed that right nowabout 32.91 lakh ineligible farmers are taking advantage of PM Kisan Samman Nidhi under PM Kisan Yojana . An amount of Rs 6,000 is being sent annually to the accounts of these farmers. So far, Rs 2,326 crore has been sent to the account of these ineligible farmers. The government has identified many farmers who have already deposited income tax and they are also taking advantage of PM Kisan Yojana.
The amount of installment recovered: Action has been initiated
in many states of the country againstfarmers who are taking wrong benefits of PM Kisan Yojana . So far 2,03,819 fake registrations have been registered in the state of Karnataka. A complaint has been lodged against many of these people at the police station. In the state of Tamil Nadu, about 6 lakh fake farmers have been reported and about 158.57 crore rupees have been recovered from these farmers. In Gujarat too, there have been 7,000 fake cases related to this scheme.
What is the eligibility conditions of the scheme
- Such farmers who have given the details of their institutional land under PM Kisan Yojana will also not be eligible to avail the scheme.
- If a farmer does farming, but the agricultural land is not in his name and in the name of a member of his family, then he cannot take advantage of this scheme.
- If a farmer cultivates land on rent, he too will not be able to take advantage of this scheme.
- Retired employees with pension of more than Rs 10,000 will also not get the benefit of this scheme.
- If a farmer has ever been in some kind of constitutional post, then he too can not take advantage of this scheme.
- Those who have been ministers, MPs or MLAs in the Central or State Government will also not get the benefit of this scheme.
- If a person has filed income tax returns in the previous year, then he will also not be able to avail this scheme.
- Retired employees from any government job will also not be able to take advantage of this scheme.
- If a person is employed in a post like doctor, engineer, lawyer, chartered accountant or architect, then he will also not be entitled to avail the scheme.