Aadhaar card can also be made for children from newborn to 5 years. You can follow this process for this.
We know how much Aadhaar card matters, but do you know that Aadhaar card can be made for newborns as well? Yes, the facility of Aadhaar card has also been provided for newborns born and these cards are seen as their identity card in addition to the birth certificate. Children under 5 years of age are made a child base and are issued as an identity card by the Government of India.
The child base is issued in blue by the Government of India for children under 5 years of age. In this Aadhaar card the child’s UID is created based on demographic information and the child’s Aadhaar card has a face photo which is linked with the parent’s UID.
There are many benefits of hair base-
There can be many benefits of making an Aadhaar card for your newborn children, such as-
- It can prove to be ID proof for going on railways, flights etc., international travel, staying in hotels etc.
- In most schools, now parents have to give child Aadhaar number to get their names registered. The government is promoting such activities more.
- Aadhar card number has become very important for the convenience of mid day meal in government schools.
- Aadhaar card has become necessary for many services such as health services. Aadhaar card number is also taken for Ayushman Bharat Yojana.
Aadhaar will be updated twice in 5 and 15 years
Fingerprints of a newborn child cannot be captured and hence the child base does not have biometric details . In such a situation, when the child is 5 years old, biometric details of his 10 fingers will be taken. Apart from this, when he turns 15, his photo will be taken. It is necessary to update the child base twice.
Do read it – how to change your mobile number in Aadhaar card, know step by step details
How to make hair base?
- You have been given the facility of both online and offline methods to get Aadhaar Card for children.
- For this you can go to Aadhaar Enrollment Center.
- After this, fill the Aadhaar Enrollment Form.
- Now you have to show your child’s birth certificate and Aadhar card of one of the parents.
- The child’s biometric data will not be taken for child Aadhaar and the rest of the information will be taken from the parents’ Aadhaar card.
- Child Aadhaar will be linked to the Aadhaar number of the parent.
- Once this process is complete, the slip will be given to you.
- The enrollment ID will be given on this slip.
- These IDs can help you to check the status of Aadhaar card.
- After this, Aadhaar card will be created and will reach the registered address of the parent within 90 days.