UIDAI offers a variety of Aadhaar-related services that can be used online by cardholders. These also include the facility of verification of Aadhaar, through which you can verify the Aadhaar card.
Aadhar card is one of the most important documents of identity of a person in present times. In this 12 digit card, complete identity including biometric details of the person is hidden. Aadhaar card is issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). UIDAI offers a variety of Aadhaar-related services that can be used online by cardholders. These also include the facility of verification of Aadhaar, through which you can verify the Aadhaar card.
UIDAI had told in a tweet post about the need and method of online verification of Aadhaar. Actually, before using Aadhaar, you should keep in mind whether your Aadhaar number is active or not. Along with this, it should also be known whether the information printed on your Aadhar card is matching with the details of UIDAI’s database or not.
How to verify aadhar number
- Verification of any Aadhaar can be done from UIDAI website or mAadhaar app.
- First you go to the UIDAI website uidai.gov.in.
- After this select ‘Verify Aadhaar Number’ from the service menu.
- After this, enter the 12 digit Aadhaar number and captcha code in it.
- Then proceed to verify. If the Aadhaar number is authentic then it will be verified.
- Details like age, gender, state and the last three/four digits of the mobile number linked to that Aadhaar will appear on the screen
Significantly, cases of fraud related to Aadhar card are continuously coming to the fore. That’s why UIDAI has been constantly warning people. In the absence of Aadhaar, people have to face many problems including not getting the benefits of government schemes.