Aadhar Card is needed today for every important work. If you want to open a bank account, file income tax return or take advantage of any kind of government scheme, then you need this card. For this, all the details entered in your Aadhar card should be absolutely updated. If your details are not updated then you may be deprived of the benefits of many schemes including PM Kisan, PM Awas Yojana.
UIDAI has tweeted in this regard, “Now you can update your name in Aadhar card online on your own through Self-Service Update Portal. Follow the link https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/ssup/. Don’t forget to upload the scanned copy of your identity card in original.
Now you can update your name in your Aadhaar yourself online through Aadhaar Self-service Update Portal. Follow the link https://t.co/II1O6P5IHq
Make sure you upload a scanned copy of your original proof of identity.#UpdateNameOnline #UpdateOnline pic.twitter.com/DRxkaBtNUW
— Aadhaar (@UIDAI) October 4, 2021
There is also a photo with this tweet. The photo reads, “You can now make minor changes in your name in the Aadhaar card through the Self Service Update Portal.”
You can change the name like this:
1. Correction in the spelling of the name (if the pronunciation is similar)
2. Sequence Change
3. Short Form to Full Form
4. Change of name after marriage
Along with this, you also have to upload valid documents. A link to the list of valid documents is also given.
Fee: To avail this service you have to pay a fee of Rs.50. If you do more than one update at a time, it will still be considered a single update.
Note: To avail the online service of updating name in Aadhar card, it is necessary that your existing mobile number is linked with Aadhar card or the number which is linked with Aadhar card is still active.
Process to update name in Aadhaar Card
1. Open https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/ssup/ in your browser.
2. Click on ‘Proceed to Update Aadhaar’.
3. Enter your 12 digit Aadhaar number.
4. Enter the captcha code.
5. Click on ‘Send OTP’.
6. Enter the OTP that you have received on your mobile. Then login.
7. Now you will have many options in front of you. Select the name here. Update new name and upload valid document. After that make the payment and generate your request.