If you are finding out that your Aadhaar authentication has been misused, then you can also lock your Aadhaar data online. It will remain locked until you unlock it.
In today’s era, the Aadhar card has become a necessity for everyone. To open an account in a bank, to make a ration card, to provide proof of housing or to take advantage of any government scheme, Aadhar card is necessary. The use of Aadhaar card has become so common that even there is a fear of misuse of it.
Your demographic and biometric information is recorded in the Aadhaar card issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). This is the reason why people always seem worried about the creation of Aadhaar Card and its updates. A unique number of 12 digits is given in Aadhaar. Various types of changes have been made in between to make sure that the base is not misused.
In the recent few years, from bank fraud to other types of cybercrime have increased very fast. Aadhaar number of people can also be used in many illegal activities. By taking a SIM through your Aadhaar number, the mobile number can also be used in criminal activities. In such a situation, when the legal investigation starts, you can get unnecessarily trapped.
Common way to avoid trouble
To avoid all these kinds of troubles, you need to be aware that your Aadhaar card is not being used in the wrong place or in illegal activities. There is a simple way of this, by which you can find out when and where your Aadhaar card has been used.
This is how to check, this is the whole process
1. First open the Aadhaar website and click on its authentication history option. If you have trouble, click on the link given below.
2. Now enter your Aadhaar number and the security or captcha code given on the screen here. Now click on Send OTP. This will generate an OTP.
3. The link to your Aadhaar card will be OTP on your mobile number. Put it in the box specified in front, after which a page will open.
4. Now a window will open in front, in which you will have to tell the time of the information (ie, from which date to which date, between the date) and how long the data is required. After this, enter your OTP and click on submit button.
5. Now the date, time and all types of Aadhaar authentication request will appear on your screen. This will tell you where your Aadhar card or Aadhaar number has been used.
6. If you use any of it, you feel suspicious. Or if you are clearly aware that your Aadhaar authentication has been misused, then you can also lock your Aadhaar data online. It will remain locked until you unlock it.
Government is making three types of Aadhaar cards
Aadhaar card is now compulsory for every citizen and crores of people have also made Aadhaar card. Right now the government is making three types of Aadhaar cards, which are distributed on the basis of the material of the card. All the cards have the same information and all three cards have the same Aadhaar number and QR code. Simply put, your Aadhaar card is made one, but you can keep them or print them in three ways.
All three types of Aadhaar cards are valid
All the three Aadhaar cards issued by UIDAI are equally valid. UIDAI has written in its tweet, ‘All types of Aadhaar are equally valid and identity is valid for address proof. Citizens of the country can use any base as per their convenience. In such a situation, it is clear that you can use any type of Aadhaar card and only three Aadhaar cards are valid.