There is a need to transfer PF after changing jobs. People are often worried about this. Although it can be done online sitting at home. Know what is its process.
People doing private jobs keep getting worried about PF. If you also work in the private sector, then you must have been worried about PF when you change your job. However, you will be surprised to know that the process of doing PF transfer is very easy. You can do this online while sitting at home. Let us know its entire process step by step.
Before this, it is important to know that PF is an important way to make the future secure. In this, not only does your small deposit provide protection for emergencies, but here you also get safe returns compared to normal investments. PF money proves to be helpful in the situation of being unemployed or when there is a need like education of children or building a house. You also get the facility of taking a loan easily based on the amount deposited in the PF account.
How to transfer PF Amount after job change:
- First of all , open the Unified Member Portal ( https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/ ) of Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) in phone or laptop.
- Login to the portal with the help of Universal Account Number (UAN) and Password.
- On the EPFO website, go to the Online Services section and click on “One Member, One PPF Account”.
- Now enter your UAN or old member ID by selecting Previous Employee. Then click on ‘Get Details’.
- Now you will be asked to generate OTP. Enter the OTP received on the registered mobile number.
- With the entry of OTP, the option of money transfer will come. You just have to click on it.
- Now the process of transferring money from your old PF account has started. You can track the status anytime in the “Claim Status Menu”.
- After this, you will have to submit the self-attested copy of the online PF transfer application to the company within 10 days. After getting the approval, the PF is transferred to the PF account of the new company.