Rule Change from 1st August: The common man, who is already facing the impact of inflation, is going to get another setback from 1st August. In this, there is going to be a change in the rules from cash withdrawal to check book. Now people will have to spend more money for these services. If you withdraw cash from ATM several times in a month, then you need to take care now. Failure to do so will affect your pocket. ATM account holders will now have to pay a higher transaction fee than before. ICICI Bank has given information to the customers about this.
No fee will have to be paid for 25 checks in the quechbook from August 1 in a year. After this, an additional charge of Rs 20 will have to be paid for every 10 pages.
Changing these rules
- A total of 4 free cash transactions will be discounted every month
- Transactions above this will attract a charge of Rs 150 per transaction
- From August 1, cash transactions up to Rs 1 lakh can be done from the home branch every month.
- Transactions above this will attract a charge of Rs 5 per 1000 rupees. Must have to pay minimum 150 rupees
- Transactions up to 25 thousand rupees in a day from non-home branch will be free.
- Transactions above this will attract a charge of Rs 5 per 1000 rupees.
Customer charges will also increase
The customer charge limit is currently Rs 20 per transaction, which will be increased to Rs 21 with effect from January 1, 2022. Keeping in view the banks to compensate the higher interchange charges and general increase in cost, RBI has allowed banks to increase the customer charges per transaction. This increase will be effective from January 1, 2022.
ICICI Bank issued notice
ICICI Bank has issued a notice on revised limits for cash transactions, ATM interchange and checkbook charges. The revised charges will be applicable from August 1 for domestic savings account holders including salary accounts.