EPFO Alert! If you do not file the nomination of EPFO, there may be trouble in getting the money later. Any member can easily complete this work sitting at home.
Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) members should note that they can get the benefits of Provident Fund (PF), Pension (EPS) and Insurance (EDLI) online. To do so, the members will have to file an e-nomination. You can easily complete this work by logging on to the official website of EPFO, epfindia.gov.in. EPFO members get the facility to file e-nomination. EPAF had said in a notice that if PF account holders file e-nomination, then their family can get a benefit of Rs 7 lakh.
EPFO members no longer need to fill paper forms to file their nominations. EPFO members (https://www.epfindia.gov.in/site_en/index.php) can file their nominations by visiting the EPF portal.
There are many benefits of nomination
There are many benefits of nomination. This nomination helps the member to easily take the benefits of PF, Pension (EPS) and Insurance (EDLI) on death. It also allows the nominee to file claims online. With the help of this, you can give information about your nominee to EPFO. Updation of nomination is necessary after marriage. Also, self declaration is sufficient for e-nomination. There is no need for documentation and approval from the employer.
If you do not file the nomination of EPFO, there may be trouble in getting money later. Any member can easily complete this work sitting at home. The digital process has started for this. Earlier this work was difficult but now the whole process is online. It can also be done from your mobile or computer.
How to do online nomination
- For this, you first login to your account by clicking on https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/.
- If you have not nominated, then you will see an alert through a pop.
- You click on the Manage tab and select the option of e-nomination.
- Now you will be asked questions about your family on the new webpage.
- Under Family Declaration, you will be asked whether you have a family or not.
- You have to answer yes and no.
- If you select Yes, then you have to provide details about the family member whom you want to make a nominee.
- You will get Aadhar, Name, Date of Birth, Gender, Relationship with Nominee. Information like address, bank account details will have to be given.
- After this you click on Save Family Details.
- After giving all the information, you click on Save EPF Nomination.