Earlier, a lot of trouble had to be faced for getting a mobile number port (MNP). But, now this work can also be done sitting at home. At the same time, after the new order issued by TRAI recently, you can now send a mobile number porting message from your phone even without balance, for which earlier it was mandatory to have an SMS pack or balance in your phone. If you are also thinking of porting your number to Reliance Jio, which rules the Indian telecom world, then we are going to tell you the easiest way to do it next.
Jio Number Port
Let us tell you that in the process of porting the number, customers can easily get the service of Jio by changing their number. At the same time, now KYC can be updated through digital mode in the new process. There is no need of any physical document for this. Let us know how to port any company number to Jio.
1. Get the port done through SMS
- To get ported, first you have to send an SMS from your phone to 1900.
- In this message, you have to enter your phone number by giving a space after PORT.
- Shortly after sending the SMS, a unique porting code will be sent to your phone.
- You will have to go to your nearest Jio store with this code.
- At the store, you will be asked for your Aadhar card and unique unique card, after which the store operator will give you a new SIM card.
- Your number will be ported to Jio within a few days of paying the port fee.
2. Get the port done online like this
- Apart from SMS, you can also port by visiting the company’s website (jio.com).
- First of all you have to visit https://www.jio.com/en-in/jio-postpaid-home-delivery-book-appointment.html website.
- Here you have to enter your phone number and tap on Generate OTP button. It will send OTP in text form to your mobile number.
- The OTP received on the phone has to be entered.
- After this you will be asked your home address in a new screen. Here you will have to give details like your home address, pin number, flat / house number and landmark.
- Now click on Confirm and tap on submit button for SIM delivery request.
- After this whole process, another OTP will come on your phone, which will have to be shared with the Jio Executive when it arrives.
- After this whole process, once you have to generate a unique code by messaging as we have mentioned above.