At present, Post Office is considered to be the safest and best return medium for investment.
If you have invested in it under a Post Office scheme, then there is an important news for you. It is worth noting that the interest rates of the Post Office scheme are reviewed and changed every three months. Those are implemented on the first date of every quarter. At the same time, this quarter’s review of Post Office is going to happen soon. In such a situation, if you are an investor and are thinking of investing on a scheme of Post Office according to the current interest rates, then you have a chance till 30 September. Because, if interest rates fall, they will be considered applicable from October 1, 2020.
At present, Post Office is considered to be the safest and best return medium for investment. Because, according to the bank rules, even deposits in banks are not more than 5 lakh rupees. However, the security of the money deposited in the Post Office is guaranteed by the Government of India. For your information, let us know that Post Office has currently started 9 savings schemes for ordinary citizens. On which the current interest rate is up to 7.6% per annum.
Also Read: Complete information of Atal Pension Yojana 2021
These facilities are available like a bank in Post Office
Like the bank, all kinds of facilities are provided to the common citizens in the Post Office. In which, check facility on Post Office account, ATM facility, nomination facility, money transfer facility, Net Banking and Mobile Banking facility, online fund transfer facility are also given to a Post Office account holder.
These are the current interest rates on Post Office schemes
- 4% interest rate on saving account of Post Office.
- 6.6% interest rate on Post Office Monthly Income Plan.
- 6.9 percent interest rate on Kisan Vikas Patra .
- 7.6% interest rate on Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana .
- 7.4% interest rate on Senior Citizen Savings Scheme.
Current Interest Rates on Post Office Time Deposit Schemes
- 5.5 percent interest rate in one year FD of Post Office.
- 5.5% interest rate in Post Office’s two-year FD.
- 5.5% interest rate in Post Office’s three-year FD.
- 6.7% interest rate in five year FD of Post Office.