The CBDT has taken this decision in view of the many problems being faced in electronic filing. Let us inform that since the creation of the new website of the Income Tax Department, taxpayers were facing problems.
Online Income Tax Return Filing Last Date Extended: There is a big relief news for taxpayers and other stakeholders. CBDT i.e. Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has once again extended the deadline for filling many important forms under the Income Tax Act. This deadline has been extended for electronic filing.
Actually, in view of the many problems being faced in electronic filing, CBDT has taken this decision. Taxpayers were facing technical problems since the new website of Income Tax Department was ready and they were complaining again and again about it. Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has given Infosys time till September 15 to completely fix the website.
However, the extension of the deadline for electronic filing of several forms under the Income-tax Act, 1961 by the CBDT will bring relief to lakhs of people. In this regard, CBDT has issued a circular and has given information by tweeting from the official Twitter handle.
See the circular of the department here
On consideration of difficulties reported by taxpayers & other stakeholders in electronic filing of certain Forms under the IT Act,1961, CBDT has further extended the due dates for electronic filing of such Forms. CBDT Circular No.16/2021 dated 29.08.2021 issued. pic.twitter.com/iOadU8ImUQ
— Income Tax India (@IncomeTaxIndia) August 29, 2021
For which forms the deadline has been extended
- Form No. u/s 10(23C), 12A, 35(1)(ii)/(iia)/(iii) or 80G of Income Tax. The last date for registration or intimation in 10A was 30 June 2021, which has been extended to 31 March 2022.
- The deadline for registration or approval in Form 10AB under Section 10(23C), 12A or 80G of the Income Tax Act, which was earlier 28 February 2022, has been extended to 31 March 2022.
- The deadline for uploading declarations from recipients in the form 15G/15H during the first quarter of the fiscal year 2021-22 has been extended from July 15, 2021 to November 30, 2021.
- At the same time, the deadline for uploading the declarations received from the recipients in Form No. 15G/15H during the second quarter of the fiscal year 2021-22 has been extended from October 15, 2021 to December 31, 2021.
- The last date for filing Equalization Levy Statement in Form No. 1 for the Fiscal Year 2020-21 has been extended from 31 August 2021 to 31 December 2021.
- The deadline for details of Form No. 15CC quarter to be submitted by the Authorized Dealer in respect of remittances for the first quarter of FY 2021-22 has been extended from August 31, 2021 to November 30, 2021.
- The deadline for filing the details of Form No. 15CC quarter to be submitted by the authorized dealer in respect of remittances for the second quarter of FY 2021-22 has been extended from October 15, 2021 to December 31, 2021.
- The deadline for reporting by pension funds in investments made in the country in Form No. 10BBB for the quarter ending June 30, 2021 has now been extended from July 31, 2021 to November 30, 2021.
Regarding Sovereign Wealth Fund
The deadline for furnishing of Form II SWF information for the first quarter of FY 2021-22 in respect of investments made in the country by Sovereign Wealth Funds, which was 15 July 2021, has been extended to 30 November 2021.
Similarly, in respect of investments made in the country by Sovereign Wealth Fund itself, the deadline for furnishing of Form II SWF information for the second quarter of Fiscal Year 2021-22 was 31 October 2021, which has been extended to 31 December 2021. .