Delhi-Meerut Corridor: The 82 km long Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut Regional Rapid Transit System Project (RRTS) corridor, the country’s first semi-high speed rail corridor, is being built very fast. Know all the details related to this project.
New Delhi: Delhi-Meerut Corridor: There is good news for the passengers going from Delhi to Meerut. Now you will not have difficulty in commuting from the capital, nor will you have to travel a long way to Ghaziabad. Tremendous preparations are going on for the country’s first RRTS (Regional Rapid Transit System) semi-high speed train (Delhi-Meerut Corridor).
In fact, the 82 km long Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut Regional Rapid Transit System Project (RRTS) corridor, the country’s first semi-high speed rail corridor, is being built very fast. Under this, 24 stations and two depots will come. Let us know the specialty of this project and high speed train.
Train speed and characteristics
- This is the first ‘two in one’ project of its kind.
- On this, along with high speed rapid rail, metro trains will also run in some parts of Meerut.
- There will be a total of 24 stations on the Rapid Rail Corridor from Delhi to Ghaziabad via Meerut.
- Rapid Transit System Corridor will be built from Sarai Kale Khan in Delhi to Begumpura in Meerut.
- On this track, the train will run at a speed of 180 kilometers per hour.
- The distance from Delhi to Meerut will be completed in just 60 minutes.
- In this train, 60 thousand to 80 thousand people will be able to travel on one side per hour.
- There will be 6 coaches in a train, the number of train coaches can be increased to 9.
- The outer body in this train compartment will be of stainless steel.
- These coaches will be aerodynamic and lightweight.
- Each coach will have six automatic plug-in type wide doors.
- These coaches will have 2×2 seating facility with adequate legroom.
These facilities will be available in the train
- Train service will be available on this corridor every 5-10 minutes.
- Seating facility of 400 people will be available in a train.
- Fully air conditioned, this train will have economy as well as business class.
- One coach in each train will be of business class and one coach will be reserved for women passengers.
- It will get modern facilities like CCTV surveillance, mobile/laptop charging points, luggage space.
- It will have onboard Wi-Fi as well as poles and handles for comfortable travel.
Which stations will there be?
Under this Sarai Kale Khan, New Ashok Nagar, Anand Vihar, Sahibabad, Ghaziabad, Guldhar, Duhai, Muradnagar, Muradnagar Depot, Modinagar South, Modinagar North, Partapur, Rithani, Shatabdi Nagar, Brahmapuri, Meerut Central, Begumpul, MES Colony, Daurali Metro, Meerut North and Modipuram stations are included.
There will be reduction in air pollution and accidents
The country’s first project has many specialties. Of this 82 km route, 68 km will be elevated and 14.12 km will be underground. That is, common people will benefit from this project. With less congestion in it, pollution will also be less. And most importantly, it will also reduce the accidents. 80 percent of this route will fall in UP. Along with this, saving time in long journeys will also create new economic opportunities.
PM Modi had laid the foundation
It is worth noting that PM Narendra Modi had laid the foundation of this project on 8 March 2019. A total of Rs 30,274 crore has been spent on this project, in which the UP government will give 6048 crore, Delhi government 1180 crore and the central government will give Rs 5872 crore.