Monday, July 15, 2024
HomePersonal FinanceHeavy vehicles banned on NH 58 and Delhi-Meerut Expressway from july 22

Heavy vehicles banned on NH 58 and Delhi-Meerut Expressway from july 22

In view of the upcoming Kanwar Yatra in the month of Sawan, there will be a ban on traffic on NH 58 and Delhi-Meerut Expressway connecting Delhi to Haridwar in a phased manner from July 22 to August 4.

In view of the upcoming Kanwar Yatra in the month of Sawan, traffic will be restricted on National Highway 58 (NH 58) and Delhi-Meerut Expressway (DME) connecting Delhi to Haridwar in a phased manner from July 22 to August 4.

Meerut zone additional director general of police (ADG) Dhruv Kant Thakur on Thursday discussed the traffic plan for the Kanwar Yatra with SPs, ASPs and other officials from 14 districts of western UP, Uttarakhand, Haryana and Delhi and decided to ban the movement of heavy vehicles on NH 58 from July 22.

Speaking to HT about the plan, the ADG said that from July 22, the movement of heavy vehicles will be stopped on NH 58 and Delhi-Meerut Expressway, while from July 25, light and medium light vehicles will be allowed to move only on the left side of NH 58 (while going from Delhi to Haridwar). He said that on August 2, there is the festival of Shivratri and in the last week of July, the influx of Kanwariyas on the roads will increase. Therefore, only light and medium light vehicles will be allowed to move between Haridwar to Meerut on NH 58 and from July 29 to August 4, all types of vehicles will be banned on NH 58 and Delhi-Meerut Expressway.

The officials of the respective districts have been directed to make route diversion plans to ensure the safe movement of pilgrims to their destinations during the Kanwar Yatra.

Meanwhile, a WhatsApp group of 14 districts will be created to monitor the heavy influx of Kanwariyas during the Yatra. The officials attached to this group will keep their counterparts in other districts updated so that adequate arrangements can be made accordingly.

The ADG said that elaborate security arrangements will be made to ensure the safety of Kanwariyas during the Yatra. The state Chief Secretary and DGP will also hold a meeting with the officials in Meerut on July 6 to review the preparations for the Yatra.

Several lakhs of devotees are expected to bring Kanwars from Haridwar and other places in Uttarakhand. They will reach their destinations on foot from Haridwar and conclude their journey after offering Gangajal at Lord Shiva temples on Shivaratri on August 2.

Shyamu Maurya
Shyamu Maurya
Shyamu has done Degree in Fine Arts and has knowledge about bollywood industry. He started writing in 2018. Since then he has been associated with Informalnewz. In case of any complain or feedback, please contact me @informalnewz@gmail.com
RELATED ARTICLES
- Advertisment -

Most Popular

Recent Comments