A Voter ID Card is an essential document provided by the Election Commission of India to every Indian citizen above 18 years of age.
The card, also known as the Electoral Photo ID Card (EPIC), has historically been written in black and white with personal details and a photo of the candidate that are often not immediately identifiable. The ECI presents an alternative for individuals to get a redesigned colourful EPIC to rectify this problem.
Process: Voter ID Card Download | How to download voter ID card online | Voter ID card kaise download kare
The photo, name, address, date of birth, a hologram sticker, a unique serial number and a stamped signature of the authorized signatory will also be included in the colour voter card, like the old edition. Not only is a voter card useful for registering a vote in an election, but it also serves as proof of identity, address and age. The Voter ID colour card will be given to both first-time voters and to registered voters. The Colour Voter ID card can also be requested by people who need to redress flaws in their old voter ID cards. By online or offline channels, anyone who wishes to upgrade their old black and white voter cards to the coloured one can do so. To get the latest Colour Voter ID card, individuals will be asked to pay a fee of Rs 30.
Procedure to apply for colour voter ID Card online
- Visit nvsp.in and click on the ‘Voter Portal’ option
- Now you will be redirected to a new page where you have to get registered on the Voter Portal at voterportal.eci.gov.in
- Now enter your Email ID and click on the “Continue”
- You will get a mail on your registered mail id, open that mail and follow the instructions in order to complete the registration process.
- Now fill out the Form 6 and upload your photo and relevant documents
- Now submit the form on the portal online and your coloured voter ID card will be issued after successful verification of your submitted application.
- You can also track the status of your application by visiting www.nvsp.in.
- Additionally, you can visit the nearest e-Seva or MEE Seva office and submit a new Colour Voter ID card application. Once the documents are submitted, you will get the new card.
Color Voter id card Takes up to a month
After the complete process and giving all the information, the BLO (Booth level officer) of your area will come to your house from the Election Commission. After this, your document verification will be done. After this, the BLO will submit its report and within a month your new colored plastic Voter ID card will come to your house.