The Central Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) provides many facilities and benefits to its subscribers.
The Central Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) provides many facilities and benefits to its subscribers. Now subscribers can do many types of work online only. Similarly, e-nomination (EPFO E-nomination) is also a process that can be done online. Subscribers will soon have to make their nominations digitally to avail the benefits. In this regard, EPFO has issued a notification asking all the subscribers to file e-nomination soon. The money received by the family of the account holders will be decided through e-nomination. You can now do this work online on the EPFO website.
Do online e-nomination
The process of e-nomination has become very easy. Subscribers can do this work online. Every PF subscriber has to choose a nominee so that after his death, his nominee can get the benefits linked to his account. Only last month, the EPFO had asked the subscribers to get their account e-nomination done and had informed about this by tweeting.
— EPFO (@socialepfo) August 11, 2021
EPFO gives the benefit of fund and pension to its subscribers on their retirement. In the event of the death of the subscriber, the benefit of family pension and insurance is provided to his family. It also includes insurance of Rs 7 lakh. EPFO has recently increased the insurance benefit for the subscribers of Employees’ Deposit Linked Insurance (EDLI) scheme. It has been increased from Rs 2.5 lakh to Rs 7 lakh. Earlier this limit was from Rs 2 lakh to Rs 6 lakh.
This is how e-nomination will have to be done
- To file the EPF nomination digitally, the subscribers will have to click on the Joker Services option on the EPFO website.
- Then click on For Employees section. After being redirected, you have to click on the Member UAN/Online Service option.
- The subscriber will then be redirected to the official member e-SEWA portal, where login can be done using UAN and password.
- After this go to the Manage tab in the drop down menu and select e-Nomination. In this select Yes option and update the family declaration.
- Click on Add Family Details and select Nomination Details from which you can declare the total amount to be shared.
- Then click on Save EPF nomination. After going to the next page, click on the E-Sign option.
- OTP will be sent to the mobile number linked with your Aadhar card. Entering it will complete the process.