EPFO e-Statement Passbook download: EPF passbook is necessary for many works. This not only shows the account balance. Rather, it also gives an idea of how much deduction can be claimed from the total income under section 80C.
EPFO e-Statement Passbook download: Do you know how much money is deposited in your Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF) account? Do you know whether the EPF interest money has been credited to your account? Are you checking provident fund balance regularly? If not, then you need to keep an eye on your EPF account. EPF passbook (EPF e-statement) helps to know how much deduction can be claimed from the total income under section 80C. You can make this claim on your contribution.
Registered member gets the benefit of passbook
EPF passbook (EPFO e-statement) shows that the total amount has been deposited in the account due to the contribution made by you and your company. It helps in transferring the EPF account from the previous institution to the new institution. In the EPF passbook, the EPF account number, details of pension scheme, name and ID of the institution, details of the EPFO office are given. To get the EPF passbook, it is necessary to register on the EPFO website.
How to register?
1. Go to https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
2. Click on Activate UAN (Universal Account Number).
3. A new page will appear on your screen. Enter UAN, Aadhaar, PAN and other details. Remember that some information needs to be entered. They are marked with a red color asterisk.
4. Click on ‘Get Authorization PIN’. A new page will appear on your screen. In this, you will be asked to verify the entered details. OTP will be sent to your mobile via SMS.
5. Enter the OTP and click on ‘Validate OTP and Activate UAN’. On activation of UAN, you will get SMS with password. Use this password to log in to your account. You can change your password after logging in.
6. Before downloading the EPF statement, remember that you will be able to see your passbook only after 6 hours of registration.
Follow the steps to download the EPF statement…
Step 1: Visit the website https://passbook.epfindia.gov.in/MemberPassBook/Login.jsp
Step 2: Enter UAN, Password and Captcha Code. Click on ‘Log-in’.
Step 3: After logging in, select the member ID to view your passbook.
The passbook is in PDF format, which can be easily downloaded.
Keep in mind, passbooks of Exempted PF Trusts cannot be viewed. Such institutions themselves manage the PF trust.
If you forget your account password, you can reset the password. For this, one has to visit the EPFO member e-service website (https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/).