Aadhaar Card Ration Card Link Online: The deadline for Aadhaar Card Ration card link online or offline is ending on which means tomorrow. So, those ration card holders who haven’t linked their Aadhaar card with a Ration card are advised to do this online by tomorrow evening. Failing to do this, may lead to losing PDS benefits being given by the government. Under the government’s public distribution system (PDS), a ration card holder is eligible for getting foodgrains, sugar and fuel at subsidised rates under the Food Security Act. However, this PDS benefit may get jeopardized if one’s Aadhaar Card ration card linking is not done.
The ration cards are issued to people on the basis of yearly income, the number of family members etc. It is of great importance to the lower-income groups. The government has made it mandatory for ration card holders to link it with Aadhaar cards.
This decision for Aadhaar card ration card linking was made in order to tackle the issuance of more than one ration to a particular individual. This linkage eliminates duplicate ration cards and counters other fraudulent activities. In case you are yet to complete the process, it can be done in two ways – online and offline.
Aadhaar card ration care link online
- Go to the official Aadhaar linking website;
- Click on start now and enter the asked details;
- Select the benefit type as Ration Card from the menu;
- Add your ration card number, your Aadhaar number, registered mobile number and email address;
- Enter the OTP received on your registered mobile number; and
- You will receive a notification once the process is complete.
How to do Aadhaar Card ration card link offline
Go to the ration office with two photocopies of your Aadhar card of all your family members along with your ration card, the photocopy of your bank passbook and a passport-sized photograph of the head of the family.
- Submit all these documents at the Ration Office;
- You will receive an SMS or email once the application and documents have reached the official department; and
- After the application process is completed and your documents verified, your Aadhaar will link to your ration card.