How to update or change Mobile Number in EPF UAN if you forgot Password and Mobile Number Changed? Mobile number and Aadhaar now became important things in our life. What if you change the mobile number and forgot the password to for login to EPF Unified portal? Let us see the steps to do the same.
EPFO Unified portal now became an important platform for all EPF members to view, complete, withdraw their EPF. Also, one of the basic requirement to access and complete the tasks online is to register your mobile number for EPF Unified Portal.
How to update or change Mobile Number in EPF UAN online?
If you know your Unified Portal login and passwords, then use this option to update or change Mobile Number in EPF UAN online. The process is simple and will explain you as below.
- Visit EPFO’s Unified Member portal. Then log in with your UAN number and Password.
- Now go to ‘Manage’ tab and select ‘Contact Details’ option from the drop-down menu to change your contact details.
- Now here you have an option either to change your mobile number or E-Mail Id also. Choose the option which you wish to change. Then enter your new mobile number in the relevant fields. Click on ‘Get Authorization Pin’.
- An OTP will be sent to your new mobile number, enter the same in the respective field in the next window and click on ‘Save changes’ button. You will see the successful message like below.
- How to update or change Mobile Number in EPF UAN if forgot Password and Mobile Number Changed?
In the above process, you noticed that to update mobile number when you know the login details. What if you forgot the password and also mobile number changed?
It is like a scenario of you forgot the password to login to the Unified portal and also you changed the number. In such a situation how to update the mobile number?
- Visit EPFO’s Unified Member portal. Then click on “Forgot Password”.
- Then you have to enter your UAN and the Captcha code and then click on ‘Submit’ button.
- In the next window, your existing Mobile number which is linked to UAN is displayed. If you wish to only change the password, then click on ‘Yes’ to receive the OTP on your registered mobile number. You can use this OTP to re-set or change your UAN Login password.
In case, you wish to change your registered mobile number in UAN account then click on ‘NO’ option.
# Next you have to enter your personal details like – Name, Date of Birth and Gender details as in UAN and then click on ‘Verify’ button.
# If the details entered by you match with the records available with the EPFO, then you will have to further validate your details against like either Aadhaar or PAN. Here, you have to enter your new mobile number and click on ‘Verify’ tab.
If details are validated successfully, you can enter your new mobile number and click on ‘Get OTP’ tab. Enter the OTP which you received in your new mobile number to update your mobile number at EPF UAN.
If the details entered does not match with the details available with the EPFO, then ‘verification failed message’ will be displayed. In that case, you have to contact your employer or EPFO. Then get the correct UAN details and change your mobile number.
Do remember that, this process of new mobile number when you forgot the password will works only when you seeded your Aadhaar or PAN with UAN. Otherwise, you can’t proceed and update.