Income Tax Return: This service of the new e-portal is very helpful. This will give a big relief to those taxpayers who find it difficult to fill their income tax return or any other form. This work will be done by the CA or ERI on behalf of the taxpayers. You can add or remove them.
New Delhi: Income Tax Return: If you are facing any problem in filing Income Tax Return, then there is no need to find a Chartered Accountant for this, the Income Tax Department has made this difficult for you.
Taxpayers will get the help of CA, ERI
The Income Tax Department had launched a new e-filing portal on 7 June. Taxpayers will now be able to add a Chartered Accountant (CA), E-Return Intermediary (ERI) or an Authorized Representative for assistance in ITR filing or other related services on this portal.
You will be able to add and assign any CA for yourself using ‘My CA Service’ on the e-filing portal. Not only that, you can also remove a CA or revoke a already assigned CA. These Chartered Accountants can help you in many ways on the e-filing portal.
How to take help of CA on e-filing portal
So let us tell you how you can take advantage of CA services on the e-filing portal. You just have to follow this simple process.
1. First you have to go to the Income Tax e-filing portal https://www.incometax.gov.in/iec/foportal/about-portal and login
2. After that go to Authorized Partners and go to My Chartered Click on Accountants
3. After that click on Add CA,fill the details like Membership Number, Chartered Accountant Name and Validation etc.
4. After filling all the details, after validation from ICAI database, you will be able to take the help of Assigned CA
How CA will help you
1. When the CA is added on behalf of the taxpayer, he will help in filling all the required forms
2. E-verify the assigned forms of the taxpayers
3. Upload the bulk forms (Form 15CB)
4. As many as Will show the form that has been filled, if there is any problem or complaint, it will also fill it
5. Makes login with more robust security
Apart from this, you can also take help of e-Return Intermediary (ERI). CAs are members of the Indian Institute of Chartered Accountants, while e-Returns are Intermediary Authorized individuals who perform various functions on behalf of taxpayers including filing their income tax returns.
How to Add ERIs
If you need ERI help, then you have to go to My ERI service and add an ERI to your profile. Now you can remove this ERI and add another whenever you want. An ERI can add you as its client on the e-filing portal, if you are not registered on the e-filing portal then ERI can register you before adding you as a client.
What does ERI do
An ERI can be very useful for you. According to the new e-filing portal, if you cannot attend your income tax matters on your own, an authorized representative is the person who can act on your behalf with the specific authorization.