India Post GDS Recruitment 2021: Today is the last date to apply for more than 3600 vacancies in the post of Gramin Dak Sevak in Delhi, Telangana and Andhra Pradesh Postal Circle of the Indian Postal Department. Earlier the last date was 26 February but it was extended to 1 March. There are 233 vacancies in Delhi Postal Circle, 2296 in Andhra Pradesh Postal Circle and 1150 in Telangana Postal Circle.
Interested candidates can apply online by visiting www.appost.in. 10th pass candidates can apply for these posts. There will be no written examination. The selection of the candidates will be on the basis of merit. Merit will be made on the basis of marks in 10th. If a candidate has higher qualification, it will not matter. Only 10th marks will form the basis of selection. Under this recruitment of Gramin Dak Sevak, the post of Branch Postmaster, Assistant Branch Postmaster, Dak Sevak will be filled.
– Minimum 18 years and maximum 40 years. The age limit will be determined on 27 January 2021.
In the maximum age limit, the SC will be given five years, OBC class three years and the differently-abled 10 years.
– Passed 10th class from recognized school board of education. Must have passed Maths, vernacular and English in 10th standard. It is also necessary to have studied the local language by the 10th.
– Candidates having more qualification than mandatory educational qualification will not get any kind of preference.
Must have knowledge of Hindi language.
– 60 days basic computer training certificate from a recognized school education board.
– Candidates who have studied computer as a subject in class X or XII or higher will be exempted from the Basic Computer Information Certificate.
Pay Scale (by post)
– Rs 12,000 to Rs 14,500 for BPM.
– Rs 10,000 to Rs 12,000 for GDS / ABPM.
– Based on the online submission applications of the candidates, the merit list will be prepared and selected.
– Candidates having higher educational qualification will not get any kind of priority. The final selection will be based on the marks obtained in 10th standard.
– If the applicant has chosen five posts as a priority and gets selected for more than one post on the basis of merit, then he / she will be selected for the same post.
Other necessary conditions for getting the post
Residence: Candidates who are finally selected for the posts will be required to submit proof of living in the village of the respective branch post office within one month of selection.
Source of Income: The candidates selected for the posts will have to provide proof that they have another source of income. That is, he is not dependent only on the salary he gets from the postal department for his livelihood. This proof has to be given within 30 days of selection.
Selection of location for branch post office: The candidates selected for the post of GDS BPM will have to ensure availability of space for operation of post office in the village earmarked for branch post office. This work has to be done within 30 days of selection.
Interested candidates can see detailed notifications by going to appost.in or appost.in/gdsonline.