Indian Railway: The fare of this coach from Prayagraj to Jaipur is only Rs.1085/-, while the fare of Conventional III AC coach is Rs.1175/-.
New Delhi. The North Central Railway (NCR) zone of Indian Railways will operate the first AC 3 tier economy coach in train number 02403/02404 Prayagraj-Jaipur-Prayagraj (Daily) Special Express from September 6.
The fare of this coach from Prayagraj to Jaipur is only Rs.1085/- while the fare of Conventional III AC coach is Rs.1175/-. Similarly, the fare from Prayagraj to Agra is Rs 740/- (fare for Conventional III AC coach is Rs 800) while from Prayagraj to Mathura is Rs 835 (fare for Conventional III AC coach is Rs 905).
Features of AC 3 Tier Economy Coach
- These coaches have 83 seats instead of 72. Passengers will get 11 additional berths in these coaches.
- The coaches were specially designed for the convenience of the differently-abled.
- In these, modern arrangements have been made for mobile phones and magazine holders, fire safety.
- Personalized reading light, AC vents, USB point, mobile charging point, better ladder to climb to the upper berth and snack table are some of the key features.
- These air-conditioned three tier economy class coaches are capable of running at a maximum speed of 160 kmph.
- Separate AC vent will be provided for each berth.
- Facilitates improved and modular design of berths and ergonomically designed ladder to reach middle and upper berths etc.
- A comprehensive and a handicap-friendly toilet entrance has been provided in each coach which is a new initiative.
- Public Address and Passenger Information System have also been installed in these coaches as a part of passenger amenities.
- The fare of three-tier economy AC coach is going to be 8% less than the regular AC three-tier coach. Railway will soon introduce these coaches in all long distance passenger coaches to provide a comfortable journey to the passengers of Indian Railways.