New Delhi: New LPG connection: There is important news for the customers getting subsidy on LPG. There can be a big change in the subsidy available on free LPG gas connection under Ujjwala scheme. Read it carefully.
Will the subsidy structure change on LPG connections?
According to the report, according to the news published in the scheme, there may be a change in the existing structure of subsidy for new connections under the scheme. It is reported that the Ministry of Petroleum has started work on two new structures and it will be released soon. Let us tell you that Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman had announced to give one crore new connections in the budget, but now the government can change the advance payment model on behalf of OMCs.
Will the mode of advance payment change?
According to information received by Money Control quoting sources, the advance payment company will charge a lump sum of Rs 1600. Currently, OMCs charge the advance amount in the form of EMI, while according to a source aware of this matter, the government will continue to give subsidy of the remaining 1600 in the scheme.
Government gives free LPG cylinders
Under the government’s Ujjwala scheme, a cylinder and stove of 14.2 kg are given to the customers. Its cost is about Rs 3200 and it gets a subsidy of Rs 1600 from the government while Oil Marketing Companies (OMCs) give Rs 1600 as advance. However, OMCs charge the subsidy amount as EMI on refills.
How to register in Ujjwala scheme
- It is very easy to register for Ujjwala scheme.
- Under the Ujjwala scheme, a woman from a BPL family can apply for a gas connection.
- You will get complete information about this scheme by visiting the official website pmujjwalayojana.com.
- To register, you have to first fill a form and give it to the nearest LPG distributor.
- In this form, the woman who has applied will have to give her full address, Jan Dhan bank account and Aadhaar number of all family members.
- After processing it later, the oil marketing companies of the country issue LPG connection to the eligible beneficiary.
- If a consumer opts for EMI, then the EMI amount is adjusted against the subsidy received on the cylinder.