You can easily apply for your passport online from the comfort of your home. For this, go to Passport Seva website and register. After this, know the complete process, fees and other important details here.
Passport Apply Online: Planning to travel outside India but don’t have a passport? Want to apply? Let us tell you the complete process. Before this, let us tell you that applying online for passport is an easy process. You can submit your application while sitting comfortably at home. We are giving you complete information about applying for passport here.
How to apply for passport online?
- First of all you have to go to Passport Seva website and register yourself. If an account is already created then login to it.
- After this click on Apply for Fresh Passport/ Re-issue of Passport.
- An application will be given and fill all the details asked in it. Then tap on Submit.
- Now again go to the home page and click on View Saved/Submitted Applications.
- After this click on Pay and Schedule Appointment.
- You can book appointment at Passport Seva Kendra.
- Select the option and proceed for payment.
- After completion of the process, download the application receipt. For this click on Print Application Receipt.
- You will receive your appointment details.
- While going to Passport Seva Kendra, it is important that you have all the original documents with you.
Which documents will be required:
- Proof of current address- This includes any utility bill, income tax assessment order, Election Commission photo ID, Aadhar card, rent agreement and parents passport copy. Any of these can be used.
- Proof of date of birth – Any one of birth certificate, Aadhar card, Voter ID card and PAN card can be used.
|Services||Application fees||Tatkal Application Fee|
|Fresh Passport/Re-issue Passport, 10 years validity including additional booklet (36 pages)||Rs 1,500||Rs 2,000|
|Fresh Passport/Re-issue Passport, 10 years validity including additional booklet (60 pages)||Rs 2,000||Rs 2,000|
|Fresh passport/re-issue passport for minor (under 18 years), validity of 5 years or till the minor turns 18 years, 36 page booklet||Rs 1,000||Rs 2,000|
How much time will it take for the passport to reach home:
The passport is sent through speed post to the address given by the applicant while filling the passport application. The processing time for a normal passport is 30 to 45 days. Whereas for applications made under Tatkal mode, the passport application time is 7 to 14 days. You can track the delivery status by visiting the tracking utility facility available on the Speed Post portal of India Post