Jeevan Pramaan: Submission of life certificate ensures that the pensioner is still alive and pension is released on the same basis. After his death, neither the life certificate will be submitted nor the pension facility will be available.
One of the most important work for pensioners after their retirement from service is to provide Jeevan Pramaan Patra. It is deposited with the authorized pension disbursing agency. After this, the pension amount is deposited in their pension account. Jeevan Pramaan is a biometric enabled Aadhaar (Aadhaar) based Digital Life Certificate (DLC) for pensioners. It is generated for individual pensioners using their Aadhaar number and biometrics.
The pensioner need not appear personally before the Pension Disbursing Officer for Jeevan Pramaan (DLC). The DLC need not be physically submitted to the Pension Disbursing Agency (PDA) as it is available to them digitally and gets processed automatically. Each DLC has a unique ID called Pramaan-Id.
Submission of life certificate ensures that the pensioner is still alive and pension is released on that basis. After his death, neither the life certificate will be submitted nor the pension facility will be available.
How to Generate and Access Life Certificate Online
- Download Government’s Jeevan Pramaan App and find the option of register as a new user.
- Submit your Aadhaar Number, Name, Bank Account Number, Pension Payment Order (PPO) and other details. You will get an option that prompts the app to send an OTP.
- OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number. Enter the OTP and it should be authenticated using Aadhaar.
- After validation, click on submit option and a proof ID will be generated.
How to generate life certificate online
- After generating the proof ID, login to the app through another OTP.
- Click on ‘Generate Jeevan Pramaan’ option and enter Aadhaar and Mobile Number
- Click on Generate OTP option and enter it and proceed to enter PPO Number, Distribution Agency Name, Name and other details.
- Authenticate by scanning the fingerprint and iris of the user using Aadhaar data.
- Jeevan Pramaan will appear on the window and the pensioner will get a confirmation message through SMS on the registered mobile number.
Submit such certificate
The Jeevan Pramaan can be submitted digitally through the Jeevan Pramaan website (https://jeevanpramaan.gov.in/) or through the app. You have to register yourself for the process. For this, first of all, you have to download the Jeevan Pramaan mobile application. Here the applicant has to submit his Aadhaar number, pension payment order or PPO, bank account number, bank name and mobile number.
This portal uses the Aadhaar platform for biometric verification and the applicant has to submit his/her fingerprint for identification. After verification here, the Jeevan Pramaan portal will send an SMS to the registered mobile number, which contains the Jeevan Pramaan ID. After that, the life certificate can be obtained by submitting the ID.
Submit DLC with Doorstep Banking
Jeevan Pramaan can also be submitted by Doorstep Banking (DSB), which is an alliance among 12 public sector banks. State Bank of India, Bank of Baroda, Punjab National Bank and others are part of this alliance. To avail the Doorstep Banking service, you need to download the Doorstep Banking app on your mobile phone from Google Playstore, or visit the website https://doorstepbanks.com/.
Thereafter, the pensioner has to visit his/her bank and apply for availing doorstep banking service for submission of life certificate. After doing so, you need to enter your pension account number, verify it and pay a nominal fee for the service. Once this is done, the pensioner will receive an SMS with the name of the bank agent who will come to complete the DLC submission process. Once the agent arrives at the house, the further process can be completed.
Postman will also work
To ease the process, the Department of Posts in association with the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology in November last year launched a doorstep service for submission of digital life certificates through postman. In this process the pensioner will have to download the post info. It is a chargeable service and is available to all Central Government pensioners across the country, even if their pension accounts are in different banks.