EPFO Form 10C: EPFO member must know about Form 10C. The Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) provides the facility of Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF) and Employees’ Pension Scheme (EPS) to each of its members. In this, the employee contributes a part of his salary every month. The same contribution is made on behalf of the employer for the EPF and EPS account of the employee. When the employee changes the job, he has the option to either withdraw the pension amount along with the PF or keep it deposited and continue. However, on withdrawal of pension amount, the employee is not entitled to get monthly pension after retirement. However, if you want to withdraw money from PF as well as pension fund, then Form 10C will have to be filled.
When can I withdraw pension fund?
According to the EPFO, the deposited pension amount can be withdrawn in Form 10C after 180 days of continuous service and before the completion of 10 years (9 years 6 months) of service. A job of 9 years 6 months is also considered as 10 years. If you have left the job, then along with the pension fund, you can also withdraw the PF money. You can withdraw money by filling Form 19 for PF and Form 10C for withdrawal from pension fund.
Funds are transferred to the employee’s bank account within a few days of filing Form 10C. There are also some conditions regarding who will get the benefit of this. For example, if you leave the job before 10 years, then you can withdraw by filling 10C. At the same time, if the employee attains 58 years of age before 10 years of service, then he can also withdraw the pension fund.
Form 10C: You can apply online
- Go to ‘Employee Portal’ of EPFO Portal to fill online
- Login to the UAN number portal with your UAN number and password
- After that click on ‘Online services’ in the menu
- Now go to the dropdown menu and select the claim form 10C, 19 and 31
- Enter the last 4 digits of your bank account number and click on “Verify”
- Sign the Certificate of Undertaking and click Yes to agree to the term and conditions
- After this select “Only Pension Withdrawal (Form 10C)” in “I want to apply for” tab
- Fill your complete address and tick the disclaimer and click on the button “GET AADHAAR OTP”
- An OTP will be sent to your mobile number registered with Aadhaar (UIDAI). Enter the OTP and click on “Validate OTP and Submit Claim Form”
- After this your pension claim form will be submitted and after verification by EPFO, the funds will be transferred to your bank account.