Wednesday, August 10, 2022
HomeFinancePF status: How to check PF claim status online?

PF status: How to check PF claim status online?

Many of you want to know your EPF balance Right. Here, we will tell you how to check PF balance. Before that let’s see why EPF is one of the best financial instruments for investment.




The Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF) Scheme is a social security and retirement benefits scheme managed under Employees’ Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952.EPF contribution is compulsory for every salaried employee who has a basic salary and dearness allowance up to Rs15, 000 per month. And, those who are earning more Rs15,000 can voluntarily contribute towards EPF with the consent of Assistant PF Commissioner and employer.

Under the EPF scheme, the employee has to contribute 12% from his salary and an equal amount is contributed by the employer. The percentage of contribution is determined by the Employee’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO). 12% of employer’s contribution = 8.33% of Employees’ Pension Scheme (EPS) + 3.67% of Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF).

Who can withdraw PF?

An employee who is out of a job for 60 straight days (Two months) can withdraw 75% of the total PF amount, the remaining 25% is transferable to the new account. When an employee is still working in an organization, he can make a partial withdrawal in case of certain emergency situations like medical emergency, marriage, children’s education, etc. An employee can raise a request for online PF withdrawal.




Online PF Withdrawal

An employee can withdraw the PF amount online by following a simple procedure. Refer our article – How to withdraw PF amount online? (Link the article here)

Upon raising a request for PF withdrawal, it will take 15-20 days to credit amount to your bank account. To keep track of the status of your claim, EPFO has launched an online service to know the claim status.

How to check PF claim status online?

Before you proceed to check your provident fund claim status, it necessary to have the UAN number & password.

There are two ways to check your claim status:

On UAN member portal

On EPFO website

1. On UAN Member Portal

  • Visit the UAN e-Sewa portal – https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/.
  • Enter your login details – UAN, password and Captcha code and click on Sign in.
  • Go to the “Online Services” section and Select “TRACK CLAIM STATUS.”
  • Now a screen will appear where you can find details of recently updated claim status.

2. On EPFO Website

  • Visit the EPFO website here – https://www.epfindia.gov.in/
  • Click on “Our Services” and select “For Employees” from the drop-down.
  • Now, under “SERVICES” section select “Know Your Claim Status”
  • Press “Click here to get redirected to the passbook application” tab.
  • Sign in with your “UAN” and “Password”
  • After sign in, select the Member ID and click on “View Claim Status.”
  • Upon selection, you can view last updated claim status details.

Customer Care – UAN

If you are facing trouble in logging into the Portal, you can contact the customer care team of the UAN from 9 AM to 6 PM. The official website is www.epfindia.gov.in




Toll-Free Help Desk: 1800 11 8005
E-mail ID: employeefeedback@epfindia.gov.in
Directory of EPFO Regional/Sub-Regional office: http://www.epfindia.gov.in/site_en/Contact_us.php

Parvesh Maurya
Parvesh Maurya
Parvesh Maurya, has 5 years of experience in writing Finance Content, Entertainment news, Cricket and more. He has done BA in English. He loves to Play Sports and read books in free time. In case of any complain or feedback, please contact me @ praveshmaurya24@gmail.com
RELATED ARTICLES
- Advertisment -

Most Popular

Recent Comments