EPFO: According to the Aadhar card, you can change the name and date of birth in EPFO.
EPFO: Now the members of EPFO (Employees Provident Fund Organisation) can make changes in their name and date of birth (DOB) as per Aadhar card in EPFO records. According to the information given by EPFO, its members can make these changes by visiting the Unified Portal. If you also want to change your name or date of birth, then follow these steps:
How to change name and date of birth as per Aadhar card?
1. Visit the Unified Portal of EPFO unifiedportal-emp.epfindia.gov.in/epfo.
2. Enter UAN Number (UAN), Password and Captcha
3. Sign in.
4. Now click on Manage and then Modify Basic Details.
5. Enter Aadhar Number, Name and Date of Birth as per Aadhar Card. Click on Save/Submit. Then click on Yes.
6. Now inform your employer to approve the change in name.
What documents will be required by EPFO members to change the date of birth? Any of these documents will be valid for change in DOB
1. Birth certificate issued by the Registrar of Births and Deaths.
2. Certificate related to school or education.
3. Certificate from the Central and State Governments based on the service record.
5. Any other credible document issued by a government department
6. Medical certificate issued by the Civil Surgeon after conducting the medical examination of the member in the absence of the above mentioned birth certificate. Along with this, the affidavit of the member duly certified by the competent court.
7. Aadhaar / e-Aadhaar: Change in date of birth under Aadhaar or e-Aadhaar can be up to three years more or less (plus or minus three years) in the DOB given in EPFO.