PM Awas Yojana: There is a very good news for the beneficiaries of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana. Let us tell you that the amount given under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana has tripled. The committee says that in today’s time everything is becoming equally expensive, so why not increase the amount of assistance given under the housing construction scheme. It has been proposed to increase the amount of PM Awas Yojana. If this proposal is approved by the cabinet, then the amount of the scheme will be tripled.
What is PM Awas Yojana
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana has been started to provide facility for construction of pucca houses to the families of poor class. Under this scheme, financial assistance is provided to such families of the country to build a pucca house. To apply for PM Awas Yojana, along with fulfilling the eligibility of the candidates, they must also have the necessary documents. The application of housing scheme can be done by visiting the official website and filling the online form. At present, 1 lakh 20 thousand rupees are given under PM Awas Yojana, which has now been proposed to be increased to three times up to Rs 4 lakh.
Who can apply
We are going to tell you through the points given below about who will be eligible to take advantage of the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana. These eligibility are as follows –
- Candidates having minimum 18 years of age will be eligible for PM Awas Yojana.
- Only those people will be eligible to apply who do not have a pucca house to live in.
- Citizens belonging to low income weaker section will be eligible to apply.
To fill the application form of PM Awas Yojana, some necessary documents will be required as mentioned through the points given below –
- Aadhar card
- Income certificate
- passport size photo
- Ration card
- Bank account passbook
- Mobile number
How to Apply for PM Awas Yojana
Candidates can apply for PM Awas Yojana by filling the online form by visiting the official website pmaymis.gov.in –
- Firstly visit the official website.
- On the home page, click on the option of Citizen Assessment.
- Click on Apply Online.
- Choose your option.
- Select Aadhaar or Virtual ID.
- Fill the name as entered in Aadhaar and click on the check button.
- Application form will open, fill the form.
- Upload the required documents
- And click on submit button.
- The process of applying PM Awas Yojana gets completed.