PM Jan Dhan Account: The goal of the account opened under PMJDY was financial inclusion, the government achieved its goal with the account opened under this scheme. Also, it helped in reaching out to the people.
PM Jan Dhan Account: Many big economists of the world have praised Jan Dhan account. Through this Jan Dhan account, the government taught banking to crores of people of the country. Along with this, the benefits of many schemes were also transferred from this account. This helped the government to achieve the goal of financial inclusion. On the other hand, with the help of these accounts, during the Kovid crisis, the government directly sent money to the accounts of the beneficiaries. In this era, people around the world were worrying about how to help the needy.
During the epidemic, help was provided to the needy through this account. Through this account, PM Kisan Samman Yojana, old age pension, crop insurance scheme along with LPG gas subsidy were also delivered. Direct amount was transferred to the people through this account.
Basics of PM Jan Dhan Scheme
This account was launched on 28 August 2014 to achieve the goal of financial inclusion. The purpose of which was to reach the services of banking, credit, insurance and pension to the families through this account. With this its main objective was to become financially literate. According to the website of PMJDY, at present, accounts of 41.75 crore people have been opened under this. 137,755.08 crore has been deposited in these accounts.
Benefits of PM Jan Dhan Account
Through this, many schemes of social security are being delivered to the people. PMJJBY, PMSBY, Atal Pension Yojana, Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana etc. If you have opened an account under this scheme then you are not required to maintain minimum amount.
- On the amount deposited in this account, you get interest like a savings account.
- An overdraft facility of Rs 10,000 is available in the account opened under this scheme.
- Overdraft facility is given to any account holder whose age is 18-65 years.
- Apart from this, the PMJDY account holder is given a RuPay card, in which accident insurance of Rs 2 lakh is also available.
- 30,000 rupees insurance is also given in the account opened under this scheme. You can know about its terms and conditions.
Know how to open account
- Any citizen of India can open an account under this scheme.
- The minimum age for opening an account under PM Jan Dhan Scheme is 10 years.
- Any citizen of India who has attained the age of 10 years is eligible to open an account under the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana.
- Apart from this, you can also open this account through Bank Mitra.