PM Jan Dhan Yojana: Overdraft facility has been provided to the account holders under the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana. Now the beneficiary citizens can withdraw up to 10 thousand rupees on 0 balance through this facility. Along with overdraft, other types of facilities have also been provided to the beneficiary citizens under the scheme. So far, accounts have been opened in the bank under the Jan Dhan Yojana under more than 41 crore citizens. If you also want to get the benefit of all the facilities available under PM Jan Dhan Yojana, then you can open your account under Jan Dhan by visiting your nearest bank branch.
This scheme was announced by PM Modi in the year 2014. Under this scheme, all those citizens of the country who were deprived of financial services have been connected to the banking services. Citizens of the economically weaker category can easily open an account in the bank under the scheme. And can be helpful in getting the benefit of all types of services provided through the bank. By having an account in the bank, the beneficiary citizens can also make their deposits so that they can use the deposited amount in the time of need.
Facilities available under Jan Dhan
- Citizens who do not have any type of account in any nationalized bank can open their account in the bank under the scheme.
- Children below the age of 10 years can also open an account in the bank under the scheme.
- The facility of Rupay debit card is also provided to the account holder under the scheme.
- Also, in case of an accident, an insurance of Rs 2 lakh is also provided under the scheme.
How to get Rs 10000 even on 0 balance
- On the basis of 0 balance, the beneficiary can go to the bank and open an account under the scheme.
- If the beneficiary has 0 balance in the bank account, then he can withdraw the amount up to 10 thousand rupees from his account, this overdraft facility has been provided to the citizens.
- The beneficiary also gets interest on the amount deposited in the bank and a life cover of Rs 30,000 is also provided.
- Also, account holders are not required to maintain minimum balance under the scheme.