PM Kisan Yojana: 20 lakh ineligible people got Rs 1,364 crore, highest in Punjab

0
49
PM Kisan Yojana: 20 lakh ineligible people got Rs 1,364 crore, highest in Punjab
PM Kisan Yojana: 20 lakh ineligible people got Rs 1,364 crore, highest in Punjab

PM Kisan Yojana: Under the Prime Minister Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana, 6,000 rupees are added to the account of small and marginal farmers every year. This scheme was launched by the central government in 2019. The government recently transferred Rs 2,000 under the seventh installment to the accounts of beneficiary farmers under the scheme on 25 December.

The government has given an amount of Rs 1,364 crore to about 20.48 lakh ineligible people under the PM Kisan Yojna (PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojna). The Ministry of Agriculture has revealed this in an answer given under an RTI. Punjab farmers are the biggest beneficiaries of such misconduct.

It is worth mentioning that under the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana, 6,000 rupees are added to the account of small and marginal farmers every year. This scheme was launched by the central government in 2019. It is given to those farmers who own land up to 2 hectares.




The government recently transferred Rs 2,000 under the seventh installment to the accounts of beneficiary farmers under the scheme on 25 December.

Begin the process of withdrawing money 

In response to the RTI application, the Union Ministry of Agriculture stated that two categories of ineligible beneficiaries have been identified, the first being farmers who do not meet the qualifications, and the second category is farmers who have filed income tax. RTI applicant Venkatesh Nayak obtained these data from the government.

He said that more than half (55.58 per cent) of the unqualified beneficiaries are in the income tax payer’s category, the remaining 44.41 per cent are farmers who do not meet the qualification of the scheme. RTI applicant Venkatesh Nayak said that he has come to know from media reports that the process of withdrawing money from such ineligible people has started.

Highest transfer in these states

According to a news agency, Nayak said that information received under the Right to Information Act-2005 shows that Rs 1,364 crore was paid to ineligible beneficiaries under the PM-Kisan Yojana that started in 2019. The RTI applicant said that according to the data, a large number of ineligible beneficiaries are in five states Punjab, Assam, Maharashtra, Gujarat and Uttar Pradesh.

Nayak said, ‘The maximum number of 23.16 per cent (4.74 lakh) in this list is from Punjab farmers. After this, the farmers of Assam and Maharashtra are named. Overall about 54 percent of such cases have been found in these three states.

Also Read: PM Kisan: Modi government is giving 36000 rupees annually, you will not have to pay a single rupee

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here