If you have also changed jobs recently, then you have two options regarding the amount deposited in the PF account. If you want, you can withdraw the amount deposited in the PF account or transfer it to the new PF account. PF money can be transferred from one place to another within a few minutes of sitting at home. However, for this, first the account holder has to activate his UAN
Apart from this, the bank account number of the account holder, Aadhaar number and all the other details should be correct and reasonable. Let us know that by tweeting EPFO has told how you can transfer PF money online. So if you have recently changed your job or you want to transfer your PF money somewhere else, then you must read our news, your work will be very easy from home.
How to apply for PF transfer online
- First of all, you have to visit the Unified Member Portal (https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface). Then log it in with your UAN.
- For online service, one member has to click on one EPF.
- Now you have to verify the information related to the existing company and the PF account.
- Then click on the Get Details option. You will see the PF account details of the previous appointment.
- One has to choose between the previous company and the existing company. Select either of the two companies and give the member ID or UAN.
- Lastly click on the GET OTP option, which will bring the OTP to the mobile number registered in the UAN, then enter that OTP and click on the submit option.
- Online transfer process of your EPF account completed.
Keep these things in mind for transfer of PF
- Employee’s UAN should be activated on EPFO portal https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/.
- The mobile number used to activate should also be activated because the OTP will be sent to this number.
- The bank account number and Aadhaar number of the employee should be linked with his / her UAN.
- The previous appointment should have a date of exit in advance. If it is not, do it first.
E-KYC should be pre-approved by the employer.
- Only one transfer request will be approved for the previous member ID.
- Before applying, verify and confirm all the personal information given inside the member profile.
Track your old PF account
If you are planning for retirement planning with a provident fund, it is very important to know the rules of EPF. If you do not know the rules, then in such a situation you may be at a loss. It happens to many people that while working in different institutions, different PF accounts are created. Because of this, the old PF account becomes inoperative. However, EPFO has now given the option to continue with the same PF account. Now, the employee will have to give the old PF number on joining the new company. In such a situation, no PF account will remain inoperative. Even under this circumstance, the old PF account becomes inoperative. Be aware that tracking an in-operative account is a bit difficult, but not impossible. However it can be tracked online. Once the account is tracked, the amount deposited in it can be transferred or withdrawn.
How to trace your account
- First go to the PF website www.epfindia.gov.in.
- Here the in-operative account helpdesk option has to be selected.
- Complaint box has to give complete information about your problem.
- After this you will be asked for personal information, name, mobile number, email ID, birthday, husband or father’s name, employer name will have to be filled.
- With the help of all these information, your account can be easily traced. Funds can be withdrawn or transferred once the account is traced.