The Aadhaar card has become a necessity in today’s time. It is not just a government tool but has become a part of our identities since it holds most of our personal information and above that, it is linked to all our official purchases, banks accounts, IT returns and all other government-led schemes.
However, the more you use your Aadhaar card, the more are the chances of it getting accessed by fraudsters. Though the Government of India has provided measures to protect your Aadhaar card, you can never be too sure. This is the reason why the Aadhaar issuing body – Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) – has now suggested users use the Aadhaar Card locking and unlocking facility.
You can now lock your Aadhaar card for those times when you’re not using it for any of the services. The facility allows you to simply unlock your Aadhaar card when you’re planning to use it for any service.
This will help the card remain secure and more protected than ever. For locking and unlocking your Aadhaar Card you simply need to follow few simple steps.
Here’s How to lock/unlock Aadhaar card on the UIDAI website:
2. Click on Aadhaar Lock and Unblock in the Aadhaar Services section in My Aadhaar.
3. On the next page, click on ‘Lock UID’.
4. Enter the 12 digits Aadhaar Card Number (UID).
5. Now enter your name and Pincode on the webpage.
6. Verify your details with the security code.
7. After entering the security code, you have to click on either OTP or TOTP option.
8. Enter the OTP received on your registered mobile number.
9. Your Aadhaar number will be locked.
For unlocking your Aadhaar card, you need to repeat a similar process. You can also use the mAadhaar app to lock or unlock your Aadhaar card.